What Is NPC, the Pro-Trump Internet’s New Favorite Insult?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Oh shit. I forget you're one of those "cool" conservative types who's pro-legalization. Except yaknow we gotta keep the status quo because some people *wink*wink* aren't ready for change and hey why do you hate law and order, you dirty hippie?!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
And everybody knows small government means a government small enough to fit into the bedrooms of all those filthy queers and whores, right? But not the bedrooms of good upstanding people, right? I mean, because those people who think and live differently just must be hive minded automatons, right?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
How long have you been a closet rightie?
As best I can tell my life as a conservative was ruined very very early. I was taught to respect authority, just like you were, but in addition to that my Mom told me to be honest and then they sent me to church. There I was taught that no matter how deeply I wanted to rationalize away the fact that I'm a worthless sinner, God would see right through such lies. So I because a closet conservative, one that can't lie to himself. "You may be a one eyed Jack, Dad, but I seen the other side of your face."

I was 8 years old when I first understood and realized for a fact the world is completely insane. You don't really know it yet. I searched for years to find an honest way out, not knowing I had to let go of all my ego's sacred cows to be free. The only difference between you and me is a single on off switch. You think you know and I know I know nothing. That makes me a very different kind of conservative. There is no good and evil. There is only love and surrender to it is what we really fear. You have the universe within you but the only sacredness you see is what you believe. Empty your teacup so you can be filled with a new kind of tea. Best wishes.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If blood will flow when flesh and steel are one
Drying in the color of the evening sun
Tomorrow's rain will wash the stains away
But something in our minds will always stay

Perhaps this final act was meant
To clinch a lifetime's argument
That nothing comes from violence and nothing ever could

For all those born beneath an angry star
Lest we forget how fragile we are

On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star
Like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are
How fragile we are

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
It's hilarious, some of the NPC comments in the video are exact reproductions of some of our most common lefty memes used on a daily basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEpUUU0e-Q0

Not surprising, seeing as that's what they are attempting to mock in the first place. Equally easy to reproduce the MAGA memes. So what? It's the laziest most simplistic form of satire - has it's place in amusing the faithful but it's hardly going to convert anyone or be in any way memorable.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
what so funny about this is NPC can be used for trump followers. they have no critical thinking skills and believe every thing trump says hook, line and sinker. it's like they're on cruse control. or following their programming.

Irony isn't something they get.

Although it always appears ironic, to me it's always seemed like it's an intentional diversionary tactic that the right has damn near perfected. Point the finger at others for what you are guilty of yourself.

So NPCs were calling others people NPCs?

It has gotten to the point that it does not matter whether the accusations are true or not. Once they are made publicly, they are picked up and taken at face value among the masses who don't question or refute it, no matter how ridiculous or offensive.

Reactions: greatnoob

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
It has gotten to the point that it does not matter whether the accusations are true or not. Once they are made publicly, they are picked up and taken at face value among the masses who don't question or refute it, no matter how ridiculous or offensive.

You just described the Kavenaugh circus.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
False observation. There were numerous credible witnesses in the Kavanaugh case, with information, history, and testimony to enable people to form opinions. A far cry from a vapor claim or conspiracy theory pulled from someone's arse.

Dont feed the uneducated concern troll. He knows he's wrong but he doesnt care.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
False observation. There were numerous credible witnesses in the Kavanaugh case, with information, history, and testimony to enable people to form opinions. A far cry from a vapor claim or conspiracy theory pulled from someone's arse.

The "credibleness" of the accusations was driven by a political desire. One person said something happened 36 years ago. Another said it didn’t. That’s all we’ve got. It’s exactly as you described, the truth didn’t really matter. The accusation was the important part. Something to latch onto in a fight for a political win. All we had to go by was an accusation, and the political mob took it and ran.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2009
Bullshit you liar. There was a single witness, Dr. Ford. End of story.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
The "credibleness" of the accusations was driven by a political desire. One person said something happened 36 years ago. Another said it didn’t. That’s all we’ve got. It’s exactly as you described, the truth didn’t really matter. The accusation was the important part. Something to latch onto in a fight for a political win. All we had to go by was an accusation, and the political mob took it and ran.

Well that's just bullshit. You seem to conveniently forget that he also lied quite glibly about just about every other aspect of his behavior during that time. You're also pretending that other women didn't come forward and there wasn't really an investigation.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

Did you write Kavanaugh's speech for him? Driven by political desire? LOL. I suppose it's all one big liberal conspiracy put on by Soros and the Clintons, huh?

And yes, you are completely correct. The truth didn't matter. If the truth mattered in this case, Kavanaugh would be disbarred, not sitting on the SCOTUS.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Gotta dehumanize people before committing violence against them.

Nah...they will just go straight to the violence..

Violence solves everything. We need more violence from the Trump people. Trump supporters: choke a motherfucker. Choke a bitch. Choke a tranny. Get your fingers around the windpipe.” Those are the words of Proud Boys founder … “If some guy with a slightly punk demeanor comes up to you and says ‘Hey are you Sal? Are you pro-Trump?’ Choke him. Trust your instincts, don’t listen to what he has to say, choke him.”

Jul 9, 2009
Did you write Kavanaugh's speech for him? Driven by political desire? LOL. I suppose it's all one big liberal conspiracy put on by Soros and the Clintons, huh?

And yes, you are completely correct. The truth didn't matter. If the truth mattered in this case, Kavanaugh would be disbarred, not sitting on the SCOTUS.
Name another corroborating witness to any of the events made up about Kavanaugh. I'd like to see them potemkin

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Bullshit you liar. There was a single witness, Dr. Ford. End of story.
You didn’t witness his Supreme Courtly behavior as he sniveled over and over deflecting the question of being a blackout drunk by claiming only that he likes beer? “Do you like beer, Senator? I like beer. I like beer. I like beer. Everybody on the Supreme Court likes beer. If you don’t like beer you’re not normal. Sniff sniff.

Such a poor dear victim, slobbering all over himself for fear of losing out on a position he had coveted for years. You saw with your own eyes the groveling lack of character of those untested and untempered shielded all their lives by privilege and entitlement.

Man up, taj, and don’t deny you didn’t see that simpering sop for what he is.

Reactions: pmv

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
You didn’t witness his Supreme Courtly behavior as he sniveled over and over deflecting the question of being a blackout drunk by claiming only that he likes beer? “Do you like beer, Senator? I like beer. I like beer. I like beer. Everybody on the Supreme Court likes beer. If you don’t like beer you’re not normal. Sniff sniff.

Such a poor dear victim, slobbering all over himself for fear of losing out on a position he had coveted for years. You saw with your own eyes the groveling lack of character of those untested and untempered shielded all their lives by privilege and entitlement.

Man up, taj, and don’t deny you didn’t see that simpering sop for what he is.

Yeah, must say he really didn't come across well.

But the whole thing's a nonsense anyway. While Ford's testimony was far more believable, the truth wasn't the issue, he was going to be appointed because the partisan political conflict demanded it.

It does seem strange to me that there's this weird pretense that the Supreme Court is about anything other than politics. It's a political body, just like the other branches. The whole US system seems unworthy of the veneration that Americans accord it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yeah, must say he really didn't come across well.

But the whole thing's a nonsense anyway. While Ford's testimony was far more believable, the truth wasn't the issue, he was going to be appointed because the partisan political conflict demanded it.

It does seem strange to me that there's this weird pretense that the Supreme Court is about anything other than politics. It's a political body, just like the other branches. The whole US system seems unworthy of the veneration that Americans accord it.
Of course the problem was that in the case of preventing Obama from appointing his own choice for Supreme Court justice, and the ramming through of an extremist hack of their own, they showed not an ounce of that vaunted veneration for the court.