What Is NPC, the Pro-Trump Internet’s New Favorite Insult?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Damn! You fellows are thin skinned.
You are lucky. You remain unaware of the massive damage being done to the nation and the world by the conservative brain defect. The problem for you, of course, is that you will be the last to realize you are causing your own extinction and the last to do anything to save yourself. This is because you are in fact so thin skinned that if you weren't encased in a mass of dead brain cells, you would completely freak out were you to see reality. Please don't flatter yourself that your incapacity to feel real concern makes you in fact superior. The very putdown you intend toward others for their alarm at the depth of your unawareness, is how you flatter your ego. You at least are calm and rational, not like those fools who react to real danger. Your indifference is why the world is dying. The calmness you expect of me is the calmness required not to blame conservative thinking for my forced extinction. Would you mind if I tried to choke you to death while you calmly not react? Love you.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
You could have simply said what the acronym NPC stood for.

Wait, are you trying to say that your beef with this was not giving the definition of NPC, even though he said this..."NPCs are “completely dependent on their programming, and can’t do or think on their own.” Not only was that in the first post, but, its also in the articles.

It sure looks like you did not bother to read the post or its material.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
fe62452c446bf600c49f3c9274f26ce188070c1ccfd64e33c172639906f2c056_1.jpg

You must include your own written commentary in P&N.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: s0me0nesmind1

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
It seemed this one struck a nerve. My opinion on why is what I listed in the OP, that the left prided themselves on being anticonformist and the radical spirit of America. There’s been a shift culturally and now the progressives find themselves in much the same place as he religious right neocons and the new "burn it all down" alt right is the one whose taken on the persona of fighting The Man.
Are you even being serious right now?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You are lucky. You remain unaware of the massive damage being done to the nation and the world by the conservative brain defect. The problem for you, of course, is that you will be the last to realize you are causing your own extinction and the last to do anything to save yourself. This is because you are in fact so thin skinned that if you weren't encased in a mass of dead brain cells, you would completely freak out were you to see reality. Please don't flatter yourself that your incapacity to feel real concern makes you in fact superior. The very putdown you intend toward others for their alarm at the depth of your unawareness, is how you flatter your ego. You at least are calm and rational, not like those fools who react to real danger. Your indifference is why the world is dying. The calmness you expect of me is the calmness required not to blame conservative thinking for my forced extinction. Would you mind if I tried to choke you to death while you calmly not react? Love you.
I disagree with every single point you made.
You know nothing about me, you clearly don't have even the slightest grasp of my political beliefs, and your drawing conclusions from information that only exists in your mind.

Reactions: imported_tajmahal

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I disagree with every single point you made.
You know nothing about me, you clearly don't have even the slightest grasp of my political beliefs, and your drawing conclusions from information that only exists in your mind.
I could be wrong.

Mar 11, 2004
I could be wrong.

While the post you made is pretty over the top, you're not really wrong. He's shown himself to be right in line with the group you're describing. He literally tried to claim that the right wing guy running over people in Charlottesville was media spin, because the woman actually died of a heart attack so he didn't even kill her. Then when he couldn't actually find anything supporting that, he tried to blame liberal media saying he knows they were the ones that reported that so it was their fault he was a fucking dumbass that was trying to pushy conspiracy garbage.

Plus, considering how much he pissed and moan that people wouldn't debate his dumbshit arguments, kinda rich for him to be remarking about thin skin.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
While the post you made is pretty over the top, you're not really wrong. He's shown himself to be right in line with the group you're describing. He literally tried to claim that the right wing guy running over people in Charlottesville was media spin, because the woman actually died of a heart attack so he didn't even kill her. Then when he couldn't actually find anything supporting that, he tried to blame liberal media saying he knows they were the ones that reported that so it was their fault he was a fucking dumbass that was trying to pushy conspiracy garbage.

Plus, considering how much he pissed and moan that people wouldn't debate his dumbshit arguments, kinda rich for him to be remarking about thin skin.

I might be right. But he suggested I might be thin skinned so I offered up how I see him but that I have the kind of skin who can see him as I described and still love him anyway. So when he went all thin skinned on me and took a defensive position, denying what I see as truth, I told him I could be wrong. I COULD be wrong and I'm not so thin skimmed I have to deny it. What does it matter if I am right or wrong? What is my opinion worth? I think Greenman is everything I said he is and a fine person. He will be the first person I call if I ever decide to remodel my house.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014

Don’t forget his signature “condemning Nazis is worse than being a Nazi” dumbassery. That was hilarious, just as much as him pretending to not be a Trumptard in these forums!

Jan 25, 2011
See this is what I find both funny and sad about conservatives. This quote exposes exactly how oblivious they truly are.

The trolling campaign was born out of the characterisation of liberals as automatons incapable of independent thought on areas of Reddit and 4chan.

In 24 hours there were more than 30,000 uses of the term NPC on Twitter, and Facebook pages dedicated to the trend have amassed tens of thousands of followers.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Vic

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

I recall asking about the woman that died, the rest is spin, hyperbole, and vilification.
I have to ask, why not simply be honest in your statements? Why the childish name calling? Why the fake outrage over something you obviously don't understand?
You lack integrity.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I might be right. But he suggested I might be thin skinned so I offered up how I see him but that I have the kind of skin who can see him as I described and still love him anyway. So when he went all thin skinned on me and took a defensive position, denying what I see as truth, I told him I could be wrong. I COULD be wrong and I'm not so thin skimmed I have to deny it. What does it matter if I am right or wrong? What is my opinion worth? I think Greenman is everything I said he is and a fine person. He will be the first person I call if I ever decide to remodel my house.
And that would be a very wise decision indeed.
We could argue over a beer after work, I'd enjoy that.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I recall asking about the woman that died, the rest is spin, hyperbole, and vilification.
I have to ask, why not simply be honest in your statements? Why the childish name calling? Why the fake outrage over something you obviously don't understand?
You lack integrity.
Fuck your feelings, snowflake.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Fuck your feelings, snowflake.
You're not even responding to my statements, my feelings never entered the discussion.
You're pulling random nonsense out of thin air and getting angry at me about it, that isn't rational. If you want to challenge something I've said you need to be able to express yourself in a reasonably adult manner. So far you're coming across as fairly impotent, and not all that bright, I think you can do better, but I've been wrong before.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You're not even responding to my statements, my feelings never entered the discussion.
You're pulling random nonsense out of thin air and getting angry at me about it, that isn't rational. If you want to challenge something I've said you need to be able to express yourself in a reasonably adult manner. So far you're coming across as fairly impotent, and not all that bright, I think you can do better, but I've been wrong before.
First off, I quoted Trump supporters. Second off, it's relevant, because you got all butthurt and victimized by simple namecalling. The first amendment is more important than your feelings.

Perhaps find a safe space to crawl into while this conversation is going on. Stay hunkered down until Strongman Trump says its safe to come out.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
First off, I quoted Trump supporters. Second off, it's relevant, because you got all butthurt and victimized by simple namecalling. The first amendment is more important than your feelings.

Perhaps find a safe space to crawl into while this conversation is going on. Stay hunkered down until Strongman Trump says its safe to come out.
This is what I'm talking about, none of that happened. I asked "Why the childish name calling?". I'll go ahead and answer for you. It's because your unable to construct a rational argument to support the positions you take. You choose to play keyboard tough guy to avoid admitting that you made up the original story.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
This is what I'm talking about, none of that happened. I asked "Why the childish name calling?". I'll go ahead and answer for you. It's because your unable to construct a rational argument to support the positions you take. You choose to play keyboard tough guy to avoid admitting that you made up the original story.

Welcome to P&N.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This is a wierd thread. Troll farms try to make up a new meme, Twitter algorithms catch that meme is being spread by bots and nuke said posts.

OP is concerned about...?

Feb 16, 2005
You see the term NPC stands for Non-Player Character, an extremely important but underrated part of any Dungeons and Dragons campaign. Your NPCs need to have decent backstory and behave realistically otherwise it breaks the immersion if the campaign.

Now unfortunately for you OP you failed an intelligence check and have now become a drone in the mindflayers army. We’ll have to see if you get a chance to be rescued or if you’ll spend the rest of the campaign trapped as a mindless slave. ;)
:beer::beermug::beermug: