what is making me fart uncontrollably???

brikis98

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
it varies based on the person, your diet (eating more fiber lately?) but also the particular protein shake. I used to drink some kind of cheap Met-Rx stuff which would make me fart up a storm. I've heard similar about other shakes that include low quality whey protein. Now I'm drinking Syntrax Nectar (Chocolate Truffle flavor), which is supposed to be 100% high quality whey protein isolate. Dissolves easy, no unusual gas, virtually no calories or fat, and tastes absolutely fantastic. If only it was a bit cheaper... I guess you can't have it all :)

scootermaster

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2005
Not that you'll listen to this advice, but....

That's your body's way of telling you you're taking too much protein. Back off a bit (one, one and a half scoops instead of a two, etc) and you'll likely be fine.

PiMpY

May 27, 2003
I guess I'm the only one entertained by them. I always thought it was too much fiber, but protein?

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
For fiber, drink water. Lots of water. As in a full glass. That'll kill the gas (washes away the bacteria that produce it). Can't speak for protein.

nervegrind3r

Lifer
Jul 12, 2004
hah, for me, its when I use milk in my protein shake. I easily take in 40-50g of fiber a day, and am very regular (pooping wise), but once I drop some milk in, its over. Also, milk tends to affect me like that more so in morning, if its my first or second meal of the day; nights are no problems if I put them in protein shake. Other than milk, onions kick my ass, but I love them too much to stop eating them, although I dont put them in my shake :p

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
this topic makes me lol

fiber will make you toot if you don't drink enough water.
It means your stool is not 'slick' enough to follow 'through' because you didn't drink enough water.

conorvansmack

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2004
I originally thought that it was the fish oil that I take, but I know my water intake has dropped in the last week. I didn't have any more gas than usual when I started the protein shake (Optimum Nut. 100%), but there might have been an increase when I started fish oil supplements.

I'll drink more water. Maybe my wife will tolerate my presence again.:shocked::eek:

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
yep, all the different protein shakes I've tried have given me bad gas. and the kashi go lean crunch cereal doesn't help.

Atty

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
Have a lot of citrus in your diet? If I drink a lot of Orange Juice throughout the day or even just for break fast, I notice I'm very flatulent, lol.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: hungfarover
I'm alright with shakes, but Kashi Go Lean Crunch should come with a roll of toilet paper.

I'm convinced Kashi and Charmin are owned by the same parent conglomerate. Probably Gas-X too.

scootermaster

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2005
You guys are retarded. First off...I eat Kashi Ho lean stuff evrey day. or grape nuts. or the crucnch stuff. ad i d ojt't fart. It sprolly all yours proten sjakes yhst you tske to try and gte sll big.

also, im drnk

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I don't do protein shakes anymore scootermaster. I have gas when I'm eating Kashi, and I don't when I'm not. It's the cereal. :eek:

cthulhu

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2000
Originally posted by: gersson
Originally posted by: hungfarover
I'm alright with shakes, but Kashi Go Lean Crunch should come with a roll of toilet paper.

:laugh: funny and true!

Yes, that is so true. Protein shakes don't bother me even though I'm lactose intolerant. However, if I eat 1 to 1 1/2 cups of kashi go lean crunch I'll light up a room.:eek: