What is he big deal with Diablo?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Moralpanic:

I'm the complete opposite of you...played Baldur's Gate for 15 minutes, then uninstalled it (I shouldn't have traded my Midtown Madness for it :(). And Planescape, it has no multiplayer! :) The Diablo series is a different type of RPG...purists might be offended with it's style of play, but the majority of the people wouldn't mind. Only Blizzard games give me the most bang for the buck, IMO. The only games that come remotely close is the Need For Speed Series.

Oh yeah, if you don't like the graphics, play it in a window. Personally, I'm not at all irritated with the graphics despite having a 19" monitor.

LouisXIX

Oct 9, 1999
prontospyder: go play Ultima Online 2, its a better RPG, less bugs and guess what? u can have more than 8 players in multiplayer ;).

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
MoralPanic !

Open Thief 2 already! :p yeah

Diablo2 could have been better... I doubt that it is going to draw more people in than the first one did. The people who liked D1 will like D2 and those who hated 1 will hate 2. Sequels in computer games are usually an improvement, unlike movies, making me consider "buying" Diablo2...

nice 1, convex

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Ultima is suck. I hate having to remain a goody-two-shoes character. Ack! At least in Might & Magic, you can choose the path of evil. Bwahahahahahahahaha!

I Learned From The Best (Whitney Houston, an expert sniffer)

SKiller

Oct 10, 1999

<< Maybe i did not give the original enough time? >>

Bingo. If you dies so many times in just 1 hour you definately didn't give it enough time.

claiomh

May 31, 2000
if you want a real gameplay/story game on the similar based angles.. play icewind dale and Baldur's Gate and BG 2 this fall...

the only thing about diablo is it is too easy, the strategy in the game is sparse at it's best... it really cannot fairly be called strategy... play some REAL AD&amp;D structure... and see how boring any Diablo can be.

randypj

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
LouisXIX--I've got Z, but never played it. Should I break it out?

Diablo II... I can't say it hit me as hard as the first one, but, for some reason, I keep hearing it calling my name.

WHY, does Blizzard still make you arrange things in the backpack? Geez, that's not just annoying, but downright stupid. &quot;I am overburdened&quot;.....aw, you just a wuss. Least when it was &quot;Now, where would I put that?&quot;, I always had an answer.:)
--Randy