What is going on with nvidia's crappy driver/SLI support lately ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
Personally, since i never buy new games upon release, i have no problem with lack of SLI support. I buy games on sale 4~6 months after release when they're 50~70% off & by then they're also all patched up & already have SLI profiles, so im good to go. Its just the way PC gaming is, games are buggy & not optimized upon release.... & since i already have a backlog of games i bought on sale there's no rush for me.:)

prime example: I'm absolutely loving Rome 2 right now that i bought last month on sale after it was released for a year & recieved 15 patch updates! it didnt even get SLI support until 8 months after release! It was a complete MESS upon release! 1 year later & its quite possibly the best strategy game ive ever played on PC! Again, i just bought it last month, 1 year after release, for $20, all patched up & optimized.:) people actually paid $60 for this game september 2013 & it was a complete fiasco.

Last edited:

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Still no updates from them with SLI profiles for the past month of games as well as the missing Maxwell software features.

Hauk

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2001
Yea poohbear I'm with you on waiting to buy a game. I'm okay with $29-$39, big titles at that price point have usually matured at least a few months :)

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
Looking at the PDF of release notes (do they always have so many pages? Seems like overkill, but includes a lot of info)...

FIFA 15 gets SLI profile, Ryse gets SLI profile, DSR available for Fermi and Kepler, MFAA for non-SLI setups.

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
Still now Shadow of Mordor SLI profile.

Doesn't really matter with the FAFR 2 fix... But still.