What is best stradegy for Terrans?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
In my opinion all races are equal and btw u might want to be aware of ultralisks. My friend builds them all the timed, one fully armored ultra is a B*tch to take out let alone 12 of them

imhotepmp

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
pretty much all races are equal..
you gotta change your strat according to wat type of game u plying..
say a 3v3 and u know your partners are pretty decent, go mass marines
& medics. Constantly build sd's at sme time. also firebats tear through zeals like nothing..
i htink, terrans have an adnvatage in the beginning if you know how to use thm right..
btw wats your bn name?

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
My bnet name is Red^^^ and Ill be on at 11 PM Tonight (saturday) PST if you want to msg me.

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
Command and Conquer :)
Age of empire, Rise of Rome, Age of King aoeII
Seven Kingdom, Seven Kingdom II
Warcraft, Warcraft II, Star Craft, Star Craft II
From medieval to futuristic
Command and Conquer is between Warcraft II and Star Craft
Before Warcraft it was Dune II and this is much like
Command and Conquer it is a very decent game in 92
All are Real Timing Game but Dune II is the one that started it all
All thanks to Westwood Studio.
You can find Dune II for free and play it
Select SoundBlaster Pro so it will be in stereo
but there isn't SB16 because it wasn't available at the time.
Go to altavista, or yahoo.com and search Dune 2, or dune II
It a pretty cool game I played that game more then any other current one that I have like Warcraft, Aoe, Star Craft, Command and Conquer

that I have

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Now that I have gotten a little bit better, I like terrans. :)

What I do is start with 7 SCVs all harvesting my crystals. Then when the eight SCV is built I start on a barrack. After gaining 50 more minerals another SCV is made to build another barrack.

Of course, after I have 5 SCVs out, I would generally not build an SCV unless I have over 50 minerals. I could start building a barrack with 6 SCVs harvesting but anyway...

Once I have the first barrack finished, by that time, I have enough resources for a supply depot. I send that SCV to build one and leaving me with around 50 or so minerals for a marine. I let it sit and wait. When the second barrack is finished, that SCV goes to build another supply depot. Once the two SCVs are done building, they both go to harvest minerals and when I have 100 or more, I start making marines making sure I have at least 50 left over after every click and let resources grow.

I then gather 9 or so marines as quickly as I can. Then I build some spares to stay behind. I send those 9 charging at a base. Hopefully, the enemy would not be as prepared. Even so, another group of marines would be soon on the way.

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
One little trick I've picked up is to cluster your defenses in 4's. Also, if you're guarding a choke point, build a wall of depots ringing your bunkers (this protects the bunkers from melee attacks, and the depots have way more hit points than the bunkers)

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
But usually the computer player does not give such time. After a quick moment, you get clobbered.

I still find a good defense to start out with is a bunch of marines. Whether you send them out or not, they would do just fine. Then with enough minerals, that defense you suggested is also good but I prefer my tanks backing up my bunkers. Add missle towers for those cloaked people and fliers.

I always get my brother with 9 marines charging, two barracks, two supply depots. I have 5 marines after I send the 9 out. And if I keep building, I would soon have a nice defense as well as offfense.

Croton

Banned
Jan 18, 2000
i like using zerg and chugging out hydras.....

and making 'lings for cannon fodder....