What is Barr and the DOJ doing... Mueller grand jury ruling.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
I wonder what Barr is doing. This seems like day trading to me. The DOJ argument from this ruling, that the House hasn't started impeachment was so ridiculous I'm surprised the DOJ put that in a brief. If Barr's goal is to strengthen the Presidency, I would assume he would fight battles with arguments that are actually rational or have a chance of winning. By fighting these battles, making these vacuous arguments and forcing rulings on issues that haven't been decided, he may actually be weakening the Presidency. Or does he think the Roberts court will side with him with these type of arguments.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The modern Republican party is a cult. It depends on collecting a body of people organized around some sense of phony moral indignation, some sense that 'we' the in group and the supporters of the sacred 'whatever' are under threat from some 'satanic' other. These feelings can only be inculcated into people who have already been brainwashed as children by threat and intimidation that non conformity will result for them in great personal evil. The result is brain dead terrified sheep.

Now we can answer your question:

Since we are talking about a mental state preserved and fortified by terror and fear, no rational arguments whatever are needed to keep them blinded to their real condition. All that they need to hear, and this will be produced by the cunning that manipulate them solely for the benefit of the manipulators and those paying their salary, is some even fantastical notions that purport to rebut the actual reality. Brain dead people filled with fear are not capable of rational thinking. You can drop any sort of Pablum at all on their leader's boots and they will keep licking his feet. This the nature of people who are morally castrated by terror. And be careful. The terrified are terrified because they have experienced viciousness and meanness as children and suffer Stockholm syndrome as a result. They will give up their lives to save their torturers. No escape for them but by grace and reliving their pain to discover that who they really hate is what they have become. What they fear is the realization of their own self hate.

Reactions: tweaker2 and dank69

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I wonder what Barr is doing. This seems like day trading to me. The DOJ argument from this ruling, that the House hasn't started impeachment was so ridiculous I'm surprised the DOJ put that in a brief. If Barr's goal is to strengthen the Presidency, I would assume he would fight battles with arguments that are actually rational or have a chance of winning. By fighting these battles, making these vacuous arguments and forcing rulings on issues that haven't been decided, he may actually be weakening the Presidency. Or does he think the Roberts court will side with him with these type of arguments.

It falls under the heading of "if you don't ask, the answer is always no". They had nothing to lose by pursuing an illogical decision.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
As far as the "investigate the investigators" crusade goes...

The mischief is happening right now — the thousands voters who (you never know) might make all the difference, who are newly energized now by there being a criminal investigation of investigators. Folks who were looking for an excuse to mistrust the investigation, and now have it. A very small number - most Trumpists or non-Trumpists are baked in - but surely there are a few out there ready to get lied to and get gaslighted.

Continue investigating until anything is found, a lá Benghazi.

Or rather, continue investigating even after concluding there is nothing to be found. Hey, this sort of "let's investigate the emails!" shit worked well enough last time.

Yes, this will confuse some voters, and confirm for the wavering that Trump is an Innocent Victim (retch).

Barr is gambling that he can keep the ratfucking up as long as possible - and that he won't suffer the same fate as John Mitchell and head to jail for 19 months.

But more than that: this is a message to everyone working for the CIA, FBI, and every other part of the government, that if you find anything that could make Trump look bad, or anything that would imply Russia is interfering in US election (or other matters). You had better keep your fucking mouth shut.

It's official notice that we are not a rule-of-law nation, anymore; we are a 'protect Donald Trump at all costs' nation.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It falls under the heading of "if you don't ask, the answer is always no". They had nothing to lose by pursuing an illogical decision.

They're stalling and will continue to do so as long as possible. Barr knows full well that the underlying testimony deeply implicates Trump in numerous acts of obstruction of justice in ways the Mueller report, basically a summary, simply does not. Trump found his Roy Cohn.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

His goal is to protect Trump by preventing the release of incriminating information for as long as possible. It might be long term bad for the presidency and it’s certainly bad for the country and a betrayal of his oath of office but Barr clearly has no problems with that.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
We know Trump is a simple goon by now. He may not have a sub average IQ but is most definitely not a genius nor a stable one.
Trump crimes cause of vanity, one of the better sins out there.

What the hell motivates Barr? I dont see it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
We know Trump is a simple goon by now. He may not have a sub average IQ but is most definitely not a genius nor a stable one.
Trump crimes cause of vanity, one of the better sins out there.

What the hell motivates Barr? I dont see it.

Barr believes in an extreme form of the Unitary Executive Theory, that the President can pretty much do as they damned well please unless removed from office.

The general principle that the President controls the entire executive branch was originally rather innocuous, but extreme forms of the theory have developed. Former White House Counsel John Dean explains: "In its most extreme form, unitary executive theory can mean that neither Congress nor the federal courts can tell the President what to do or how to do it, particularly regarding national security matters."

It means that even semi-independent agencies like the DoJ & the FBI are subject to the whims of the Executive.

Reactions: cytg111

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Barr believes in an extreme form of the Unitary Executive Theory, that the President can pretty much do as they damned well please unless removed from office.

The standard changes when it's a Dem admin, and he's obviously making a mockery out of the AG role. It's naive to think he actually believes it's a historical and coherent theory.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

It means that even semi-independent agencies like the DoJ & the FBI are subject to the whims of the Executive.

Except if the president was a Democrat methinks.

Barr has positioned himself exactly where he's always wanted to be: Closely associated with a despot POTUS that grants him the power to forcefully inject his (their) belief of a totalitarian unitary presidency into the body politic.

Bad news.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

I dug that up, about "Unitary Executive Theory", I still cant make it stick.
Barr will use this doctrine to make Russia great again, turn America from democracy to authoritarian rule, actively in real time cover up criming efforts by the POTUS to aid foreign geopolitical efforts. If POTUS is acting in a treasonous manner, Barr is there to back that play up 100%.
Either Barr is declaring jihad in the name of everything not "Unitary", in the name of the one true god "Unitary", or something else is going on.
Is Barr hell bent moved by faith?
Why did Barr deny the request so many times? Why did he finally bend to the request(demand)?
Need to understand your opponent if you are to take him down. I dont get his brain.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I mean it might be dawning on me a little.
One aspect of DC'ing, being in the swamp, it is impossible to get to where you are, do your job, without criming just a little bit. Explains the white collar crime sentences and how there seems to be two distinct levels of judgement, one for the powerful and one for the rest of you.
You cant be DC'ing without criming. Its in part why someone like AOC is such a threat to the establishment.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I mean it might be dawning on me a little.
One aspect of DC'ing, being in the swamp, it is impossible to get to where you are, do your job, without criming just a little bit. Explains the white collar crime sentences and how there seems to be two distinct levels of judgement, one for the powerful and one for the rest of you.
You cant be DC'ing without criming. Its in part why someone like AOC is such a threat to the establishment.

"Everybody does it" just excuses bad behavior by those who do.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
"Everybody does it" just excuses bad behavior by those who do.
I know it do, but is that the situation on the ground? In DC? It explains why some of the cats be like "yea, but a little collusion, thats normal, no need to impeach a motherfucker" - attitude.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I dug that up, about "Unitary Executive Theory", I still cant make it stick.
Barr will use this doctrine to make Russia great again, turn America from democracy to authoritarian rule, actively in real time cover up criming efforts by the POTUS to aid foreign geopolitical efforts. If POTUS is acting in a treasonous manner, Barr is there to back that play up 100%.
Either Barr is declaring jihad in the name of everything not "Unitary", in the name of the one true god "Unitary", or something else is going on.
Is Barr hell bent moved by faith?
Why did Barr deny the request so many times? Why did he finally bend to the request(demand)?
Need to understand your opponent if you are to take him down. I dont get his brain.

(I may have or may have not mentioned this before) I got thrown in lockup facing an article 15 for insubordination while serving in 'Nam. Next cage to me there was this scary looking guy hunched over on his cot reading something. Got stultified just sitting around so I drag my feet (they took my boots away) over to his side and asked him what he was in for. He says for practicing and promoting Satanism. Never heard that one before. So I ask him what he was reading. He says the Bible. Reading the conflicting look on my face he says, (you got it) "You have to know your enemy to defeat him."

Reactions: cytg111

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
His goal is to protect Trump by preventing the release of incriminating information for as long as possible. It might be long term bad for the presidency and it’s certainly bad for the country and a betrayal of his oath of office but Barr clearly has no problems with that.

It's the as long as possible part. Maybe he thought it would take longer to wind through the courts. But, with some of these cases being fast-tracked a lot of these rulings could come out right before the election.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Barr is at it again... this time he’s apologizing for the Justice Department surveilling Carter Page and now says that 2 of the 4 FISA warrants (the last two) should not have been authorized. This is all revealed in a declassified letter from DOJ to FISC court in December 2019.

Here’s where it gets interesting—Barr is also saying ALL of the collected surveillance on Page is to be sequestered until further notice. Not just the information collected after the last 2 warrants—ALL of it.

Coverup much?

The Justice Department now believes it should have discontinued its secret surveillance of one-time Trump campaign adviser Carter Page far earlier than it did, according to a new court filing unsealed Thursday.

The Justice Department made that determination in a December letter to the secret court that oversees surveillance of suspected foreign spies, acknowledging it may have lacked probable cause to continue wiretapping in the last two of the four surveillance applications it sought against Mr. Page.
The Justice Department said it would sequester all the material it collected against Mr. Page pending further internal review of the matter.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Must of been some damning evidence that implicated Trump even further. So of course the President's lawyer in his capacity as AG will squash it. We should take Barr, Trump, Pompeo, and McConnell and dump them all down a hole that goes straight to the liquid core of the Earth.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeJay1952

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Must of been some damning evidence that implicated Trump even further. So of course the President's lawyer in his capacity as AC will squash it. We should take Barr, Trump, Pompeo, and McConnell and dump them all down a hole that goes straight to the liquid core of the Earth.

Meh, I’m not convinced there was anything materially relevant to the Mueller investigation—but I guess we’re still waiting on the grand jury testimony and some of the intel to be unredacted.

I’m thinking it’s more likely there were some compromising/embarrassing disclosures about Page or people he was communicating with and they’d rather not have that be public.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Remember folks, if Dems had not taken the House in 2018 none of this would have come out.

Perfect rationale for a Democratic sweep in 2020
So, what you are saying is that, if people don't want corruption and abuse of power by the government exposed, they should keep voting for Democrats?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So, what you are saying is that, if people don't want corruption and abuse of power by the government exposed, they should keep voting for Democrats?

Repeat after me- "It was a perfect call. I did nothing wrong. Read the transcript. The server... they say Ukraine has it."

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What I am saying if people don't want corruption and abuse of power they need to vote out Trump and the current crop of Republicans

Are you saying Trump isn't the most corrupt President in history?? If he isn't who is?

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
ive read this a couple of times now, still not making sense... is it the double negatives that trips brandon up?