What is an alternative to newegg.com ?

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
depending on where you live, TD can be decent. My dad used to use them all the time to have stuff delivered to IL. it took nearly 2 weeks for me to receive my stuff out here in CA. and don't ever expect to get rebates from them.

nismotigerwvu

Golden Member
May 13, 2004
Yeah, TD seems to be pretty decent over here (over here being east coat). I live in Morgantown WV, my parents in Wheeling, and my sister lives in Columbus OH and we've all had nothing but good experiences from TD. I advised against it, but my sister and her husband (and to the immature one that will ask, no Steve isn't my cousin, brother or anything in any relation, in fact they are an interracial couple, from WV....imagine that) got a large plasma from TD and it all went well. Never had the fabled rebate issues either but i followed the instructions to the T on all of the ones I've done.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
I like Directron.com. I made my large purchase there not too long ago. Prompt updates via email and such.

One of DVD drives was DOA and they promptly sent out another one.

Auryg

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2003
Don't use Tiger Direct. I received a broken CPU from them - had to get my CC company involved just to return the thing.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
Everyone says TD is horrible, but I always got fast shipping and they processed every single one of my rebates in a timely fashion.

xgsound

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
As always with any online company, check their rating at http://www.resellerratings.com/ BEFORE you order. It can save you a lot of grief. You don't have to believe everything you read there, whether it's good or bad, but you can go into an order with your eyes open.

EDIT: It looks as though Tiger Direct has loaded the recent comments with good reviews for the Christmas season. Last 6 months 8 out of 10 ; lifetime 6 out of 10. Newegg is 9.77 lifetime.

Jim

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I've only done business with TD ONE time...and never again. Newegg gets 90% or more pf my business...

imported_Truenofan

Golden Member
May 6, 2005
xgsound, thank you. i was going to mention them. look up ANYONE you buy from. there's also pricewatch.com for looking up more. pricewatch and resellerratings go hand in hand.