What is Adobe Acrobat DC? (how did it install itself?)

Rerednaw

Mar 10, 2003
That's basically it. I don't have adobe on my computer...today I turn it on and I see an icon for Acrobat DC.

I never requested it. I never approved it. What is it? I mean I have repeatedly deleted adobe worms from installing themselves into my registry and so forth...but I am pretty sure I would have remembered approving a full install of new software. Especially one that installs on my small BOOT sector. I have enough trouble keeping the boot drive clean of various programs that are so 1980's they don't recognize any other drive (GeForce Experience I'm looking at you).

I use Nitro for pdf files.

Was this some "Hey we posted plenty about this on our website and had press releases...or it's on page 200 of the EULA you approved when you bought a new computer between using it and turning it into a brick?" Wouldn't be the first time.

Cheers and thanks!

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Is this a pre-built OEM / branded PC? They worm in background downloaders and stuff on many of those.

Or maybe you updated Flash Player, and it got installed that way?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
it's possible it hitched a ride with another piece of software. Did you install any programs? Maybe it came with a driver for some new hardware?

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Hmm I would be curious too how it got on, I have seen flash be install as an addon to some programs but not the Adobe Acrobat DC, do you use anything at all from Adobe?

Adobe Acrobat DC is their full program for making PDFs, unless is Adobe Acrobat DC Reader, which would be an update from Adobe Acrobat Reader 11 or previous