What is a good mod for Stalker C.O.P

borderdeal

Aug 4, 2013
I have played the other 2 STALKER games and used the complete MOD and liked it a lot and did not have much problems but I have been reading and it seems the Complete mod for STALKER COP is full of bugs and crashes constantly. I liked the Complete mods because they did not change the game play per say and only enhanced it. What would be a good comparable mod to use??

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
I am currently playing Clear Sky w complete mod...love it. However, I did play the other 2 STALKERS from DVD with no mods at all with no crashes or problems (Win 7 64). If there were patches, I did use those, but no mods. If the mod is full of bugs, just play the vanilla version...it's a great game.

The Wife

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I actually recommend the vanilla version of CoP. I think it's the STALKER that least benefits from modding.

I don't recommend Complete for it. In my case, it made the load times ridiculous, and only marginally improved the appearance of the game.

borderdeal

Aug 4, 2013
I actually recommend the vanilla version of CoP. I think it's the STALKER that least benefits from modding.

I don't recommend Complete for it. In my case, it made the load times ridiculous, and only marginally improved the appearance of the game.

K thanks I will give it a try. I remember the complete mod did something to the weather to make it more real and I liked it a lot since it gave it a more immersive feel.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
K thanks I will give it a try. I remember the complete mod did something to the weather to make it more real and I liked it a lot since it gave it a more immersive feel.

You can download AtmosFEAR 3 for CoP, and that will give you a graphics and weather overhaul (it looks fantastic, BTW...better than Complete) that doesn't change the gameplay.

However, just like Complete, it has a drastic increase in the load times.

I'm not a big fan of the Misery Mods. For one thing, they replace the original soundtrack, which was one of the best elements of the vanilla game.

Last edited:

borderdeal

Aug 4, 2013
You can download AtmosFEAR 3 for CoP, and that will give you a graphics and weather overhaul (it looks fantastic, BTW...better than Complete) that doesn't change the gameplay.

However, just like Complete, it has a drastic increase in the load times.

I'm not a big fan of the Misery Mods. For one thing, they replace the original soundtrack, which was one of the best elements of the vanilla game.

Thanks a lot sounds like that is the route I will go. I do not really care much for the load times (SSD hdd should help a bit)