Question What is a Euro 600 Budget PC Build for gaming and programming?

KalebAmerst

Apr 6, 2020
Please help make a build list for me.

First time building a PC looking for recommendations. Programming/Gaming/Editing

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

Gaming (League, Fortnite, GTA V, Rainbow Six Siege), Programming (Full-stack and machine learning), video editing in Adobe Premiere Pro, along with web browsing and school work.

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

Like €600 Euros (think it is about $650 USD)

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.

Ordering parts in a week

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget?

Everything - all hardware and peripherals included, no OS needed. Tower, monitor, wired keyboard, wired mouse, wireless adapter (for fast Wi-fi and Bluetooth too), headphones

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?

I live in Spain and would like to buy from Amazon. https://www.amazon.es/

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

I will not be reusing any parts

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

Not on my first time. Maybe down in the future the CPU, GPU.

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

The more cores and threads of CPU/APU, the better. Also, I prefer having an SSD for fast boot times and need a 1 TB HDD along with 16 GB RAM. Because I am learning machine learning and looking to do computationally intensive tasks in the near future, I would like to be able to upgrade to an NVidia Graphics Card (CUDA). Thus, the setup should set me up for upgrading in the future. I would prefer the CPU for now be an APU with integrated graphics (like AMD Ryzen 3200G) as it will work mostly out-of-box compared to a CPU (without graphics) along with a dedicated GPU. The Power Supply needs to be highly certified and should be very safe, prefer Corsair.

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

Would like a side window if possible. Would not like ITX case. Case should have good airflow and 2+ preinstalled fans.

Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?

I do not need a copy of Windows included in the budget.

Extra info or particulars:

None

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Hi! By far the best €/perf you will find is combining used with new.

This is a Lenovo S30, Socket 2011, with a 6 Core 12 Thread Xeon E5, with 15MB Cache, 40 PCIe 3.0 Lanes, Quad Channel Ram, just an overall beast of a platform for the money.

This will take care of : PSU (610W Gold PSU), Mobo, CPU, Ram, SSD, Windows 10 Pro, SSD, 2TB Storage HDD. Has 8GB to start with, but adding a 16GB kit of Registered ECC is dirt cheap. All of that for €319, just unbeatable especially in Spain pricing. That leaves after €30 or so for adding 8-16GB ram plenty of money for a decent GPU such as a new 1660 6GB Super from Amazon Spain.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I built one of these for my son, and it rocks every game we can throw at it, even stuff like Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Control, Metro Exodus, RDR2, etc. Rainbow Six and Doom absolutely fly on it.

I can't possibly recommend these enough for budget beaters. For example, try to price out :

Mobo
Ram
CPU
Case
HSF
600+W Plus Gold PSU
SSD
HDD
Windows License

And see what it gets you new lol. Nothing even close.

Edit : what I was able to cobble using Amazon Spain

Amazon Spain seems widely sold out of Ryzen motherboards, but loosely (almost all of this is OOS new, these are Amazon used prices lol) :

500W PSU €50
B450 Mobo €90
Ryzen 3 1200 €95
8GB DDR4 €40
Basic Case €50
240GB SSD €40
2TB HDD €55

€420, for a much weaker CPU, no legal windows license, terrible case, smaller SSD, etc, and moving up to a Ryzen 3600 and 16GB alone would easily push it past €600 with no GPU at all. Spain looks tough to get a new gaming PC built even with all those used parts on Amazon.es

Last edited: