What is 4chan?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nikamichi

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by: thespeakerbox
What is 4chan?

............................................________
....................................,.-??...................``~.,
.............................,.-?...................................?-.,
.........................,/...............................................?:,
.....................,/......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:?........./
............../.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....?~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....?~,_........?~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......?=,_.......?-,_.......,.-~-,},.~?;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......?=-._......?;,,./`..../?............../
...,,,___.\`~,......?~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-?
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,/`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-/.......`\.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Leros
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
4chan is tasteless. but sometimes there is value in that

If you're willing to filter through some really nasty, distasteful stuff then there is some very hilarious stuff on 4chan. A lot of the memes you guys enjoy started on places like 4chan. For example, things like LOLcats.

yeap. filter out the CP and its a interesting way to waste time.

i hate to admit it but i like the lolcats. some of them just crack me up.

just hate the "red venom" heh its soo annoying as a comic book fan heh

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: waggy

If you're willing to filter through some really nasty, distasteful stuff then there is some very hilarious stuff on 4chan. A lot of the memes you guys enjoy started on places like 4chan. For example, things like LOLcats.

not to mention.. the whole rick rolled thing:p also DO NOT WANT! and O RLY!
and one good thing comes from the cp rep of 4chan, pedobear!

Oct 25, 2006

Why don't you have a seat over there ~Desu...

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I tried it out for about a week, but in general it's not funny. It's the dumbest people on the internet talking about the dumbest things they can think of. Every now and then you hear of something funny, but by that point it's all over the interwebs anyway (so you're always filled in despite never going to the site, which is often a huge waste of time).

It's like somethingawful, only worse. Somethingawful is at least funny about 25% of the time. 4Chan is just retarded.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Eeezee
I tried it out for about a week, but in general it's not funny. It's the dumbest people on the internet talking about the dumbest things they can think of. Every now and then you hear of something funny, but by that point it's all over the interwebs anyway (so you're always filled in despite never going to the site, which is often a huge waste of time).

It's like somethingawful, only worse. Somethingawful is at least funny about 25% of the time. 4Chan is just retarded.

None of us are as dumb as all of us.

Oct 25, 2006
You have just entered the very heart, soul, and life force of the internet. this is a place beyond sanity, wild and untamed. there is nothing new here. "new" content on 4chan is not found; it is created from old material. every interesting, offensive, shocking, or debate inspiring topic you've seen elsewhere has been posted here ad infinitum. we are the reason for "not safe for work". we are the anonymous army. cross us and you will fail. anonymous is everywhere. you depend on us every day. we bag your groceries, we fix your computers. anonymous sees you before you see him. sitting at desks around the world right now is a nameless, faceless, unforgiving mafia composed of the best of the best.

We are 4channers. the people devoid of any type of soul or conscience. products of cynicism and apathy, spreading those very sentiments daily. anonymous is the hardened war veteran of the internet. he does not forgive or forget. we have seen things that defy explanations. heard stories that would make any god-fearing, law abiding citizen empty their stomach where they stand. we have experienced them multiple times and eagerly await their return.

4chan is a place of sheer genius and utter stupidity, and there is often a thin line dividing the two. here you will see a state of mind that exists in most human beings, but is rarely if ever shown. this is a place where taboos do not exist. 4chan cannot simply be regarded as a simple website or imageboard. it is so much more than code. 4chan is alive and constantly changing. this is a subculture, a self-governing sect of the world. rich in history and foundation. to become a 4chan user is to speak a different language. to leave behind any methods of conventional thinking you once knew.

There are things here that you will not understand and things you never will understand. if you cannot accept this then GTFO now. because there is no turning back.

This is 4chan, this is /b/

Oh yeah

According to a recent report by Fox 11 in Los Angeles, Anonymous is a cell of domestic terrorists that h4x MySpace accounts, mess with Online Children's Games, and blow up vans for EPIC LULZ which is a corruption of LOL.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9pyR_90RdOg

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007

I think 90% of forums think they have some claim to just about every internet fad listed.

Randum

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2004
my brother showed me 4chan and the things they do....they are always watching....