What IP do you really want to see brought into life via game?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
A Ninja Turtle game in the style of the Batman Arkham games. With this art style.
TMNTharcore.jpeg

http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/9/2...eenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-character-ar.html More.

Tarvaln

Apr 28, 2004
"Cloverfield" would make a great game. You could do it from a civilian, military, or monster standpoint. Or you could mix them together in different chapters.

Last edited:

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
I think the Redwall books can make a great world to explore. The only problem is, it's about animals.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I wouldn't mind a real, open-ended LOST type game. One that has real writers tying things up an an unshitty manner.

I know X files got a crappy game too, but I think a good one would be worth the wait. Maybe you could even play co-op to solve cases.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Cyberpunk (a game IP to begin with). And one of my favorite companies is actually doing it, even working with the creator of the PnP RPGs. So, you know what? I'm good, and I have the patience to wait until it's done. If CD Projekt w/ Mike Pondsmith can't do it, it probably can't be done.

2nd, I've like to see a Conan game, that doesn't suck. Not based on comics, not based on Ahnold, but on Robert E. Howard's stories...except, well, being fun and interesting, because that seems to be how it fails to play out. Sorta the same with the movies, as they, "reboot," it.

3rd, Lovecraft's stuff. Take Vault 106 in FO3, and kick it up a notch. Then another notch. There have been some good adventure games along this line, but it would be nice to see a, "you win if you can figure out where and who are by the end," game attempted.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
These games almost never work out, they only taint the IP in the end.

If you really love a story/setting/universe, the last thing you want is a video game made from it.

The best video game settings are original creations.

I tend to follow this line of thought.

Ganeedi

Jul 7, 2008
I know X files got a crappy game too, but I think a good one would be worth the wait. Maybe you could even play co-op to solve cases.

Actually that is a GREAT idea. Xfiles with LA Noire style cases would be really cool, and creepy as shit.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Wheel of Time - as an RPG.

There was a game for it a while back, but it was pretty bad.

Obsidian (I think) picked up the IP a while ago and was looking at making an MMO, but that would be a disaster IMO. Correct me if I am wrong, but there has not been a "really good" or even "good" new MMO in a long, long time.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Farscape.

Not so much Crichton and the cast but the setting, peacekeepers, scarrens and the rest of the universe created for the show would be an awesome setting for a game imo.

Another good one would be the hyperion cantos series of books by Dan Simmons.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
Wheel of Time - as an RPG.

There was a game for it a while back, but it was pretty bad.

Actually the Wheel of Time game was pretty good and was a critical success. That said, it was a shooter and not an RPG so I can see why some people were turned off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time_(video_game)

As to the main topic, I would love to see a game based on Peter Hamilton's Commonwealth Saga. If there are any sci-fi fans out there that haven't read them I highly recommend you give them a try.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_Saga#Pandora.27s_Star

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
Breaking Bad made ala GTA: free roaming in a giant sandbox city/desert with your own homw and missions/deliveries. You could play either has Mr. White or Jessys or maybe play the Los Pollos side...

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I think a first-person RPG game based on Dexter would be cool. You're a serial killer, but you kill the dirtbags and lowlifes infesting Miami. Plenty of action, suspense, story, gore, and eye candy. I'd buy it.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Arthur C Clarke's Rama series. Years ago, I played "Rama" Not a bad game for it's time. and the puzzles were math based. (I sure learned a lot of math!) Would make a good adventure game. I also would like to see "Wheel of Time" series as a shooter RPG.
A time travel themed game would be interesting, such as Chornomaster.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I want all the studios to stop making terrible IP based games from TV shows and Movies and get the studios instead try to make interesting games. The last thing I want is continued IP driven games, because 99% of them are terrible. Its a recipe for starting in the wrong place, the setting doesn't make the game, the mechanics is gameplay does.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I always wanted Shadowrun on the Infinity Engine, but obviously thats not going to happen.

Next best thing would be Shadowrun on Gamebryo. Fallout only attacked one aspect of open-world future gameplay: the post-apocalypse.

We still need a dystopian/Orwellian high tech future setting with an open world. I would still like a VATS-type system for the game, at its hard the turn based combat is what made it awesome.

Shit, a brilliant hard working group of fans could probably make a total conversion for New Vegas if not for copyright issues.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Actually the Wheel of Time game was pretty good and was a critical success. That said, it was a shooter and not an RPG so I can see why some people were turned off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time_(video_game)

[/URL]

Perhaps I should have specified that in my opinion, the game was pretty bad. That said, it has been 14 years since I played it. So perhaps my memory is off. I have the disks floating around somewhere. Might try to dig them up and give the game another go around.

Last edited:

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
A Battlestar Galactica space-sim where you serve as a pilot aboard a battlestar. 'Nuff said. Get the talented writers from the show and make it epic.