What IP do you really want to see brought into life via game?

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Whether it's by Shooter, RPG, MMORPG, console rpg, or whatever, what intellectual property/universe would you like to see brought to life in gaming?

For me, there's a lot but I can only remember a few up front:
Firefly
Babylon 5
Deep Space 9
Legend of the Seeker
Stargate (yes I know there's a tablet game coming, I haven't followed it lately because it is a tablet)

And more...you could also answer with something that hasn't been properly done in games before even though it technically have had a game.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Discworld - yes I know there were older games for pc and consoles, but I would like something newer.

MaxPayne63

Dec 19, 2011
I always liked action movies where the good guys shoot lots of nazis or terrorists.

There should be some games about that.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Indeed StarGate has too much material and untouched potential to not be some epic story-driven series or some sort of MMORPG (or of course a mere FPS) game by now, what the heck happened with that one? The only StarGate video game I remember playing was the SNES one based on the movie. The real material would of course come from SG-1 and/or Atlantis (or both linked together would be best). All the main SG-1 arcs have all they need to concoct video games out of them.

There's a fantasy universe from which I think a good scripted and story-driven game (or perhaps series, since probably five games would be needed to tell the whole thing since there's five books total) could be made and it is The Belgariad, by David Eddings. It could be a great RPG epic, perhaps in the veins of Dragon Age (I mean at least game-play wise). I wouldn't even mind if it was some sort of isometric 2D game similar to Baldur's Gate (maybe with 3D'ish environments, or perhaps viewed similarly as Diablo 3's angle, with polygonal surroundings rather than fixed 2D maps). I just think that it's a great story, although I don't recall all of it in detail I haven't read the saga in ages but I'm sure it'd make a nice RPG, if anything.

mcjonesy

May 22, 2012
Indeed StarGate has too much material and untouched potential to not be some epic story-driven series or some sort of MMORPG (or of course a mere FPS) game by now, what the heck happened with that one? The only StarGate video game I remember playing was the SNES one based on the movie. The real material would of course come from SG-1 and/or Atlantis (or both linked together would be best). All the main SG-1 arcs have all they need to concoct video games out of them.

There's a fantasy universe from which I think a good scripted and story-driven game (or perhaps series, since probably five games would be needed to tell the whole thing since there's five books total) could be made and it is The Belgariad, by David Eddings. It could be a great RPG epic, perhaps in the veins of Dragon Age (I mean at least game-play wise). I wouldn't even mind if it was some sort of isometric 2D game similar to Baldur's Gate (maybe with 3D'ish environments, or perhaps viewed similarly as Diablo 3's angle, with polygonal surroundings rather than fixed 2D maps). I just think that it's a great story, although I don't recall all of it in detail I haven't read the saga in ages but I'm sure it'd make a nice RPG, if anything.

I agree completely with your comments about Eddings' material. I would buy any game centered around the Belgariad or the Mallorean. That is a fantastic world with a fantastic story.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
None. There hasn't been a single IP turned into a game that was "good".

And no..the star wars stuff was not good. Walking Dead (Telltale) was good..however it could have easily just been it's own entity. They just slapped the Walking Dead name on it.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
The Honorverse would make an interesting 4x/TBS/"empire builder"/political game setting.

Edit: For that matter, it would make a good starship command simulator, in the vein of the older submarine warfare simulators.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Whether it's by Shooter, RPG, MMORPG, console rpg, or whatever, what intellectual property/universe would you like to see brought to life in gaming?

For me, there's a lot but I can only remember a few up front:
Firefly
Babylon 5
Deep Space 9
Legend of the Seeker
Stargate (yes I know there's a tablet game coming, I haven't followed it lately because it is a tablet)

And more...you could also answer with something that hasn't been properly done in games before even though it technically have had a game.

Babylon 5 has the game I've Found Her. It is fan made, and free to download. I have not played it, so I don't know how good it is.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
These games almost never work out, they only taint the IP in the end.

If you really love a story/setting/universe, the last thing you want is a video game made from it.

The best video game settings are original creations.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Battlestar Galactica would be awesome. I would not be opposed if Star Citizen changed to battlestar galactica at the last minute and we got that instead.

Also, Takeshi Kovacs novels universe would be awesome for a shooter/MMO.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Macross...

i want customizable transformable F14 mechs with a billion missles which go zoom zoom~. :p

DooKey

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2005
A good Starship Troopers game would be nice. Maybe even an MMO with multiple worlds and a good bug hunt.