What if William Howard Taft had won re-election in 1912?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I think the world would be a very different and much better place.

Theodore Roosevelt would've gone to war even quicker than Wilson did, but Taft would have kept us out of the World War. There would've been bombings of millions of Japanese people, no Holocaust, no WWII, no U.N., and there would've been no cold war.

William Howard Taft governed as more of a statist than his son and Dr. Paul did, but he wasn't as statist as his opponents.

Ironically, Taft and Theodore Roosevelt broke with each other because the latter thought that U.S. Steel was a good trust.

Who doesn't think that everything would've been better had Taft not been dealt a stunning defeat?

Last edited:

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
That requires a lot of imagination. For one I would not have been born had Taft won that election, you either, so I'll say it was a good thing Wilson won.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
We'd all be speaking a mix of German and Russian as WW1 Germany would have grown tired of the Western European stalemate, invaded Russia and swept into North America. Meanwhile the Russian Commies would have risen up, defeated the Gerrmans, and taken over North America by default.

:colbert:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
That requires a lot of imagination. For one I would not have been born had Taft won that election, you either, so I'll say it was a good thing Wilson won.
If my existence depended on Wilson winning, then I really fucking wish Taft had won.

I'm looking for a safe, painless way out because I'm retarded. I can only be a leech since I'm retarded so I should die for that... knowing that I can never help myself or anyone else makes me want to die.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
What if your aunt had balls?

Would she be your uncle?

All this "what if" bullshit is silly.

If my existence depended on Wilson winning, then I really fucking wish Taft had won.

I'm looking for a safe, painless way out because I'm retarded. I can only be a leech since I'm retarded so I should die for that... knowing that I can never help myself or anyone else makes me want to die.

You COULD always just stop posting. It won't make you less retarded...but you'll incur less harassment about it.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I think the world would be a very different and much better place.

Theodore Roosevelt would've gone to war even quicker than Wilson did, but Taft would have kept us out of the World War. There would've been bombings of millions of Japanese people, no Holocaust, no WWII, no U.N., and there would've been no cold war.

William Howard Taft governed as more of a statist than his son and Dr. Paul did, but he wasn't as statist as his opponents.

Ironically, Taft and Theodore Roosevelt broke with each other because the latter thought that U.S. Steel was a good trust.

Who doesn't think that everything would've been better had Taft not been dealt a stunning defeat?

The world you live within is strange to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.