"What if scenario"

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
Iraqi soldiers dressed in military clothing holding the Iraqi flag in their vehicle drove around US and Britain military bases killing only military personel turned themselves in after running out of ammo.
(Doubt's it will ever happen...)

But would Britian and the US do the honerable thing and hold them as POW's until the war in Iraq is over, or do the utterly disgusting thing of charging them with terrorism and hang them?

I think, at least America would find a way to get them hanged for terrorism. Even though we are officially at war with Iraq and their soldiers fought only military personel.
War goes both ways. Just because we are the Superpower does not change the rules of war saying they can not fight on our grounds.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Don't you think if they drove around killing only military people that the peope getting shot out would probably kill these soldiers? Since they are in uniform they are afforded protection under the geneva convention. So if they did survive they would be taken as POW's.

I know you are trying to bash the U.S. military with your ignorant post, but from what I have seen so far, the coalition has acted as honorable as you can in a time of war.

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
Actually no I am not.
I was talking with a ex-Marine. Acording to him, there should be absolutely nothing wrong with it in the 'rules of war'. Then I heard somebody say to him that even if they were caught alive, that they would be somehow charged with terrorism.

It has been an ongoing debate now for about a week.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Were this to happen on US or UK soil, I would imagine that these Iraqis would be shot in the act. However, were they to surrender, I would imagine they would become EPW's and be treated as such, given that our countries are at war. Interesting question.

Oh.. and it's SCENARIO.