What If Israel Attacks Iran's Nuclear Power Plants?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
What would Iran do? They have missles that can target Israel now and I am sure they are mass producing them. They also have tons of weapons that can hit U.S forces in Iraq and in Afghanistan.
They have some functioning F-14s and a couple Migs that can do some damage as well.

Iran's military is mainly Russian equipment. Does Russia produce anything "decent" anymore? After the Iraqi army got crushed I am sure they had to think about their tanks more and upgrade them to make it a more closer match to the tanks the U.S has.

However as with Iraq, Iran's military is not made to takeover or defend. The main goal of the military is to protect the regime. The republican guard troops of Iran have the main weapons and the best clothes, pay etc. while the rest of the army barely has anything.

I heard they have some anti-aircraft weapons all around the facilities, but how good are these weapons?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
That didn't answer my question. Iraq didn't have the means to attack Israel. If Iraq was Israel's neighbor then you would of seen 1 million+ troops marching into Israel.

Iran can hit Israel. Iraq couldn't.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Aimster
That didn't answer my question. Iraq didn't have the means to attack Israel. If Iraq was Israel's neighbor then you would of seen 1 million+ troops marching into Israel.

Israel has the bomb Iran can't win. You don't pick a fight you can't win. Cry.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Zebo

Russia could get pissed off that Israel is bombing it's interests overseas, and just give Iran a nuke so it can detter Israel. Then what?

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperTool

Russia could get pissed off that Israel is bombing it's interests overseas, and just give Iran a nuke so it can detter Israel. Then what?

MAD Stalemate.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

That would be my dream.:) Fastest middle east peace plan ever would be drafted and all would come to Demascus incluing Sharon to sign it. Unfortunatly Russia, it's leaders and elite is controlled by IMF who they count on for thier very survival.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

What kind of crack are you smoking??? Russia give Iran a nuclear weapon. Seriously..put down the crack pipe.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Iran would do exactly what the Israeli planners are expecting: absolutely nothing. They may cry and moan along with most of the internaitonal community in outrage but of course their pleas will not be heard because the world we live in is simply not fair. USA protects Israel no matter what they do, and I wouldn't be surprised if USA protected Israel even if they chose to nuke Iran.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Why wouldn't they do anything?
Israel will never use their nukes. Imagine Tehran being destroyed. I say World War III.
I don't see why Iran would be afraid of Israel. Nobody is going to support Israel for their actions but people will understand launching back an attack to get even.

FrancesBeansRevenge

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2001
Nobody is going to support Israel for their actions but people will understand launching back an attack to get even.

I certainly would support an Israeli attack on Iran's nuclear reactors. Thank god they had the balls to destroy Iraq's reactor.... twice.
First they bombed it during construction then the Mossad destroyed the replacement reactor parts/sections while in transit from Russia.
Good for Israel.

PS: Russia did nothing in response.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Why wouldn't they do anything?
Israel will never use their nukes. Imagine Tehran being destroyed. I say World War III.
I don't see why Iran would be afraid of Israel. Nobody is going to support Israel for their actions but people will understand launching back an attack to get even.

You seem to be forgetting the things Israel can get away with. Do you remember the USS Liberty? The attacks on Iraq's reactors were never retaliated against.

And for an example of Iran's inability to respond, just look what they did to us after we shot down an Iranian passenger jet killing hundreds of people in the early 80's. Nada. If Iran did that to us it they would be a giant crater right now.

pg22

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2000
A long time ago the United States passed around a foreign policy agenda that had Iran and Israel as their footholds into the Pan-Arab Middle East. Of course, with the Iranian Revolution that all went to hell :)

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
I don't think it will happen. Israel would have to violate Iraqi airspace to complete this mission, which would make the U.S. a co-conspiritor, since they control Iraq.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: yellowfiero
I don't think it will happen. Israel would have to violate Iraqi airspace to complete this mission, which would make the U.S. a co-conspiritor, since they control Iraq.
Hopefully their planes would be shot down!

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

They could technically go through Jordan and Saudi Arabia to do it. Not the most direct route, but Bushehr is well within raech of Isreals F-15I and E's via that route. The Saudis might jump them with thier own F-15's though, but we all know who would win that fight.

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
there are around 2,000 Russian employees living and working around Bushehr. All hell would break lose if Israel so much as puts a scratch on one of them.

Iran also has an indigenous designed aircraft based on the F-14, and they have the 100+ jets that saddam flew to Iran during the start of the gulf war

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

They could technically go through Jordan and Saudi Arabia to do it. Not the most direct route, but Bushehr is well within raech of Isreals F-15I and E's via that route. The Saudis might jump them with thier own F-15's though, but we all know who would win that fight.

If they engaged Saudi Arabia they would be technically attacking one of our allies, causing a diplomatic mess for us. But I don't think they would care, or America would do anything, if it ever came down to that. Israel has infinite more influence over America than SA does.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: rickn
there are around 2,000 Russian employees living and working around Bushehr. All hell would break lose if Israel so much as puts a scratch on one of them.

Iran also has an indigenous designed aircraft based on the F-14, and they have the 100+ jets that saddam flew to Iran during the start of the gulf war

All of which would be useless. The Israelis would go through them like a knife through butter, evern if they were ever detected before it was too late.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
*pffff* What if...

What if I'm in the shower and slip on a bar of soap?

OMG! I'd be KILLED!!!!

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I dont get what makes you think the Israel jets can take down every fighter jet in the airforce that Iran has. The only way this would be possible is if they were attacked while their jets were grounded. Air to Air it is anyone's game. Saudi Arabian pilots are very well trained and the pilots of Iran who fly those f14 jets are very loyal and have been trained very well during Shah's time who had one of the best forces in the region.

For you to say Israel would dominate the air is just an uneducated guess and is not fact.

I guess they made it so the Jets of the west could dodge all the missles coming at them now. Wow.

By the way if they were to attack SA, count the whole middle east coming to war with Israel. What a mess that would be.

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
Originally posted by: rickn

All of which would be useless. The Israelis would go through them like a knife through butter, evern if they were ever detected before it was too late.

they'd know if something was coming. They've built that place in anticipation of an attack, with all the latest in radar technology and surface to air missles

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I dont get what makes you think the Israel jets can take down every fighter jet in the airforce that Iran has. The only way this would be possible is if they were attacked while their jets were grounded. Air to Air it is anyone's game. Saudi Arabian pilots are very well trained and the pilots of Iran who fly those f14 jets are very loyal and have been trained very well during Shah's time who had one of the best forces in the region.

For you to say Israel would dominate the air is just an uneducated guess and is not fact.

I guess they made it so the Jets of the west could dodge all the missles coming at them now. Wow.

By the way if they were to attack SA, count the whole middle east coming to war with Israel. What a mess that would be.

Fighter Jets in and of themselves are not usefull. Jets do not win wars/battles.

The Israelis would destroy any other airforce in the region for the same reason the US would...training. Thier pilots, ground crews, mission planners, etc. are actually selected based on merit and trained to fight and win. They have schools, refresher trainining, joint training missions with the US, and stupid as this may sound written curriculum and manuals for all of this.

Saudi pilots are generally rich members of the royal family who like to play fighter pilot. Thier maintenance and support infrastructure is almost entirely outsourced. They have never proven themselves in combat against a real adversary such as the US or Israel. (Oddly enough the only time McDonnel Douglas aircraft fought each other was when a Saudi F-15 shot down two Iranian F-4s in the mid 80's). In addition Saudi aircraft particularly thier F-15S's are less sophisticated than US or Israeli models, paritucularly in regards to thier electronics and Radar package.

The Iranian pilots of the Shahs time were not trained as well as you would think. Being able to do flybys for dignitaries does not qualify you as a combat pilot. This is a common 3rd world problem. Additionally, most of the Iranian professional military was imprisoned after the revolution and those who are active now suffer from problems including aging equipment and inadaquate flight hours. They also have no AEW capability or extensive Air to Air combat training, in addition to lacking modern BVR missiles. The Israelis would destroy any aircraft that did leave the ground, and they are extremely proficient at SEAD.

Qualititativaly better equipment and training that is in no way comparable would guarantee an Israeli victory. The Israelis have proven this several times. They even conducted some mock attacks on Saudi Airbases where they dropped bags of flour or maybe it was cement on the runways. The Saudis never saw them coming, and never could have responded.