- Feb 8, 2001
<< 1) We don't have to worry about the Arabs nations slaughtering them anymore. Our friends would be safe here.
2) We don't have to spend a lot of money to defend Israel anymore. We can use this money to help our own poor.
3) The Israelis would not be a drain to our country -- most are well educated and can make major contributions to our society.
4) Our Air Force will get a bunch of top-notch fighter pilots -- so our national defense will be strengthened.
5) Hopefully, the Arab and Muslim world won't hate us as much anymore.
Is my idea too wacky? >>
Is your idea wacky? No, if you had suggested that we give them all whoopee cushions, then I would have said yes. It is the type of suggestion that makes for interesting conversation but is not worth seriously considering for more than about 2 seconds.
In regards to your 5 statements:
1. Not true - if recent events have taught us anything, its that people aren't safe in the US.
2. We have plenty of money to do that now and we chose not to.
3. There are plany of ignorant uneducated people in any religion
4. They won't be citizens and therefore won't be pilots in our military ever.
5. Arabs and Muslims as a group don't hate us.