What I have found out about God.

Page 33 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
{For your orientation, and pay attention to the last line of the quote below.}

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And here is the OP:
Marius Dejess said:
Title of thread: What I have found out about God.

I have found out that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And how did I find that out?

By reasoning on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas.

What is the benefit to me from the concept of God as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning?

It brings me to the certain knowledge that God exists, whereas before I had only the belief that God exists, but not the certain knowledge.

Still I can't get God to talk with me.

The way I see it, founders of the monotheistic religions have made God so controversial, these are the three interlinked religions which emphasize faith, namely, Christianism, Islamism, and Judaism.

With a little search into their interlinked origins, it appears very obvious that they are a family: Judaism gave rise to Christianism, and Abraham the founder of Judaism is the great grand ancestral father of the Biblical Israelites, to wit, today's Jews adherents of Judaism,* and the what we call today, Arabs, the followers of Islamism.

Jews and Arabs, they are both what we call semitic** peoples, they are cousins all the way back to their great grand ancestral father, Abraham.

Anyway, I said that founders of these three monotheistic religions, they have made God so controversial: for though they all concur that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, they have added attributes to God, like that God could create something from nothing, that is one attribute of God that makes God, the what I call God of religion - as distinct from the God of reason.

• *I seem to know that today's Jews are not majority religious adherents of Judaism.

**semitic = from Shem, one of the three sons of Noah, he and his wife and their three sons, with each a wife, they made up eight (8) who survived the great deluge by which God wanted to extinguish all mankind, for having turned totally deserving of universal genocide, due to their chronic perversions in all kinds and manners of sins.
    See, Genesis 9, 18f., 1Peter 3:20

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Is the future of the God of religion doomed?

Personally I don't think so, because and I am not being funny, the God of religion is like the necktie now worn by all peoples who know about Hollywood, and it the necktie will continue to be worn by even peoples of the far East who didn't know nothing about necktie, until they got colonized by the erstwhile great nations of Western Europe and one now America - also in journalistic media called US.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012

Personally I don't think so, because and I am not being funny, the God of religion is like the necktie now worn by all peoples who know about Hollywood, and it the necktie will continue to be worn by even peoples of the far East who didn't know nothing about necktie, until they got colonized by the erstwhile great nations of Western Europe and one now America - also in journalistic media called US.

How do you know that you'll be in heaven? Only the 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% obtain the key to the pearly gates.

Will that be you?

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
The way I see it, the God of religion, as distinct from the God of reason, or just religion, religion will be always with mankind, for it is like art.

I must admit embarrassingly, that I am really lost on what is art, though I do get to enjoy art, on the other hand I always ask myself, questions, like for example to be into our current crisis of the Covid-19 pandemic, How does art serve to resolve this present crisis?

My God is the God of reason, in concept He is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And I try to deal with Him, to talk with Him, but He never talks back, not in the way I would want Him to do it, namely, like I am talking with you guys here, even with my opponents here and with atheists.

The God of religion for me are Jesus, the Holy Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and I am also on talking terms with their (Jesus, Holy Trinity) favorite clients, starting with the Virgin Mary, also called by Catholics, Mother of God, and all the saints and angels in 'heaven'.

You know, I tell Jesus time and again, that He should not have gone to 'heaven', He should just after His resurrection, stay around all the time and everywhere on earth.

Yes! I can and do live with both God of reason and God of religion.

Mai72 posted Yesterday at 5:47 AM #807
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Marius Dejess said:

How do you know that you'll be in heaven? Only the 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% obtain the key to the pearly gates.

Will that be you?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
The way I see it, the God of religion, as distinct from the God of reason, or just religion, religion will be always with mankind, for it is like art.

I must admit embarrassingly, that I am really lost on what is art, though I do get to enjoy art, on the other hand I always ask myself, questions, like for example to be into our current crisis of the Covid-19 pandemic, How does art serve to resolve this present crisis?

My God is the God of reason, in concept He is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And I try to deal with Him, to talk with Him, but He never talks back, not in the way I would want Him to do it, namely, like I am talking with you guys here, even with my opponents here and with atheists.

The God of religion for me are Jesus, the Holy Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and I am also on talking terms with their (Jesus, Holy Trinity) favorite clients, starting with the Virgin Mary, also called by Catholics, Mother of God, and all the saints and angels in 'heaven'.

You know, I tell Jesus time and again, that He should not have gone to 'heaven', He should just after His resurrection, stay around all the time and everywhere on earth.

Yes! I can and do live with both God of reason and God of religion.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Finally I have taken the time and concentration to grasp what Dawkins is telling mankind, like that there is complexity and improbability, and in brief, he concludes:
  • Voilà, it is improbable that God exists.

What do I say about his yarn on and on and on, about complexity and improbability?

Man, you are into pure concentrated genuine essence of semantic trickery.

You are coming from nowhere and going to nowhere with complexity and improbability.

What about you just touch your nose and get to realize that you exist, then think on HOW you come to know you exist, and from the existence of the nose on your face, it is logically that you are certain God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

*Font size here could be not the default font, sorry - some careless curiosity from my part.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear readers and my opponents here, and also atheists:

To be completely human, so that as the Roman playwright Terence (d. 159 BC) tells us, Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto,* we all must cultivate the God of reason and the God of religion.

In my case I have determined to continue with my Christianism, but in accordance with what I call for myself, my DNH Christianism, it stands for:
  • Do No Harm Christianism.

Yes, Yes, I am going to continue with the religious drama of original sin and redemption and Christmas, and all what have you.

I feel that will make me truly human - and not a logic machine.

*Latin = I am human and I count nothing alien to me in humanity.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Dear readers and my opponents and atheists:

You are barking up the wrong tree.

I am into God from reason, not God from religion.

God from religion is the God in the Bible, the author of the so-called 10 Commandments.

God from reason is in concept the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

You all are just against the God of religion, of the Bible, even though the Bible also has at its very first words the following declaration:
  • In the beginning God made heaven and earth.

Dude you couldn't reason yourself out of a soggy paper bag. You have absolutely no grasp of logic and a rampant inability to follow an argument in steps.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
tenor.gif

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

Maybe he dislikes you even more than we do?

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Well, dear my opponents here and atheists, what is your best argument against God.

Dear readers, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to witness how they will present if any, best argument against God.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Well, dear my opponents here and atheists, what is your best argument against God.

Dear readers, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to witness how they will present if any, best argument against God.

It's already been presented. Your feelings are your proof. It's not others responsibility to prove you're wrong, it's your responsibility to prove your hypothesis. This is a common tactic among believers to convince others that it must be true because you can't disprove it. That's not how proof, or evidence, works. If you cannot prove your hypothesis, then it's discarded. In this case, believers just rely on that "gut feeling" that it must be true, without evidence, and demand others provide evidence to disprove their gut feeling. Now, we already know you don't adhere to the same standard of proof you require of others, so unless you have anything else to offer, the conversation ends at the same place as usual, with a believer claiming something exists without evidence.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
50 Top Atheists in the World Today | TheBestSchools.org
thebestschools.org › features › top-atheists-in-the-world...
Mar 23, 2020 — 7Richard Dawkins (b. Dawkins is the most famous of the “Four Horsemen” of the New Atheist movement, and perhaps the most influential living atheist.

• Google: No. 1 atheist thinker alive today

I see nothing at all with my opponents here in AnandTech but total intellectual cowardice, period.

They can't even think straight, except to engage in total self-stupidification.

Okay, again, what is your best argument for denying God exists, and put it in not more than a 100 words?

My opponents here will again recite their total intellectual cowardice, declaring, it is not their burden to prove ete etc etc, but you Marius to prove etc etc etc.

Why talk about burden at all when you are totally pure essence intellectual cowards, you can't even analyze how you come to know you exist, what more about burden of proof?

Dear readers, just we sit back and witness more of my opponents here being vacuously secure with more parade of intellectual cowardice, with flight from honest intelligent productive thinking.

Here is my argument to the existence of God, namely, the nose exists, and therefore God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

My opponents here are into nothing but sneering, just like I assume to be their master, one Richard Dawkins, into nothing but sneering at religion and God.

Okay, say something like My (your) balls exist, therefore God does not exist.

No, they will not do that, but go into more cowardice acts, like that I am into impolite speech.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
My god says her competition pads her chest. Your god says nothing to you. Clearly my god is superior.

Eris pads her chest!

Reactions: ElFenix