What I don't understand about Islamic Fundamentalists (terrorists)

If they are so against democracy and Western progress, WTF do they use our technology in their daily lives? They use video cameras to tape beheadings, they encode the video on a PC (most likely of American design), they use Microsoft's codec to encode it (which means they are using Windows), they upload it to the Internet. I mean -- what hypocrites. Even Osama is not beyond using computers and cell phones. Uh, does their f'd up concept of Allah approve?

If they want to live in an oppressed religous state where progress is frowned upon, why can't they practice what they preach? Seriously, am I missing something here?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
That's what twisting religion will do.

Also, they are led by power-hungry egomaniacs so that doesn't help matters much. ;)

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Use your enemies weapons/strenghts against them.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
If you do not understand them, I recommend you look our own nation's fundamentalists. Deep down, the religious fanatics in this country want a similar society that the religious fanatics in the Muslim world do. They are ignorant and ennemies of reason.

That's the key ideas. They're ignorant.

Also you say they don't like progress or democracy. That is Bush propoganda. They want us out of their domain (as much we want them running aroudn our country. They don't care about democracy. On average, they like it. Did you know that Islmaic and Arab scholars have made major contributions to OUR science? Why do we use their learning? The same reason they use ours.

Bush wants you to think they have meetings called, "Freedom and how to fight it." In their minds, they're fighting for freedom too.

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
I don't believe the Islamic Fundamentalists have anything against Western technology. They like it. But it is the Western "push" or "drive" into their land, which creates such enmity. They don't want troops, bases, or soldiers, degrading their "holy" land. But as long as Westerners keep their space, they like many aspects of Western culture.

PASSIONS OUT!

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
US's support of Zionism, despotic regimes. and now the invasion of Iraq are the major sources of Islamic rage.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
As a loving Christian I find it really difficult to understand why these people are so hard to kill. What is it about 30 or 40 thousand bombs they find so hard to understand. We're trying to be reasonable and modern about this, after all. Do they want us to show pity and kill them all?

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Moonbeam's parody makes me think of millionaires for Bush. Moonbeam, maybe you should start a group called, "loving christians for war and oppression." Well, it's not quite the sam as millionaires for bush but it would be entertaining.