What I did with my two girls and son last night.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Quixfire
Hey Gang,
I will be at home with my two daughters for a couple of hours tonight and would like to do something special with them.

Do you have any suggestions?

Head to a Barnes and Noble and let them browse around the kids' books section. There are places for them to sit and read and even a little stage for them to play on (at least the ones around here are like that). Grab an I Spy book and read thru it with four year-old while the two year-old runs around bringing you every book off of every shelf and then going to get another one!

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: OulOat
Instead of playing board games with them, why don't you teach them something, like sports, reading, or even shopping/cooking. At least, play some kind of educational game with them.
That's another really good idea, thanks!

Cooljt1

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
anyone else build a fort out of moving boxes? ahh that was so fun, when i moved i had all these boxes and hadnt unpacked yet so i stacked them to like 5 or 6 feet high and put a blanket or sheet over it and my friend and i would have our own little fort. we would bring trading cards and stuff in there and look out through the holes to see if anyone was coming.

another time we got 2 wardrobe boxes and put them together and slept in them outside. we also had a bunch of other boxes we made a maze out of crawling through them and putting our heads up into them.

damn...good ol days

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur
Hey Gang,
I will be at home with my two daughters for a couple of hours tonight and would like to do something special with them.

Do you have any suggestions?

Head to a Barnes and Noble and let them browse around the kids' books section. There are places for them to sit and read and even a little stage for them to play on (at least the ones around here are like that). Grab an I Spy book and read thru it with four year-old while the two year-old runs around bringing you every book off of every shelf and then going to get another one!
We do this now at the library and both my daughters love books.

BigJimbo

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Cooljt1
anyone else build a fort out of moving boxes? ahh that was so fun, when i moved i had all these boxes and hadnt unpacked yet so i stacked them to like 5 or 6 feet high and put a blanket or sheet over it and my friend and i would have our own little fort. we would bring trading cards and stuff in there and look out through the holes to see if anyone was coming.

another time we got 2 wardrobe boxes and put them together and slept in them outside. we also had a bunch of other boxes we made a maze out of crawling through them and putting our heads up into them.

damn...good ol days

yes the good ole days when you could entertain yourself with a cardboard box...now i end up spending a few benjamins for a few hours of fun

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I first wanted to say a threesome :Q (to be honest.... who not?!)

anyway, watch a movie.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur
We do this now at the library and both my daughters love books.

Yeah, but you have to be quiet at a library ;)

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Confused
Must...resist....rude....reply.....:)

I'm sure that spending time with their dad will be special enough! :)

Confused

::snicker::

Special? Depends on your definition of "spending time with dad". :p

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: fumbduck
fvck them. Incest kicks ass.

:disgust:
rolleye.gif

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
man, I finally got Michael Jackson on the phone and I am too late to help with ideas. :(

maybe next time