What humble bundle games work without origin?

Nov 22, 2003
I had a terrible experience buying Anno 2070 on Steam only to find myself in 15 minutes of Ubisoft DRM hell trying to activate their additional system which runs in parallel. I have yet to play that game I own on Steam. :( I'm at the point that even if you give me a game for free if it requires a DRM system beyond Steam I have no interest - I'm content to keep enjoying Company of Heroes 2, Civ5, and the dozen unplayed games I got on the steam sale for now.

For the current EA https://www.humblebundle.com/ I see Dead Space 3, Battlefield 3, and The Sims 3 are origin only. That's fine, I'll give those keys away. Of Dead Space, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2: Maximum Edition, Mirror's Edge, and Medal of Honor which work with just steam and are not "install through Steam, but still require additional EA DRM"?

chalmers

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2008
They all work with just Steam. Some people are reporting that for MOH you need to enter both the Steam & Origin key, and some are saying it works with just a Steam.

Probably should have just asked in the thread pertaining to this sale.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
They all work with just Steam. Some people are reporting that for MOH you need to enter both the Steam & Origin key, and some are saying it works with just a Steam.

Probably should have just asked in the thread pertaining to this sale.
no. BF 3, DS 3 and Sims are Origin only

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
It is a lot easier to change the origin install directory than it is Steam, for instance.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
downloads are faster

far less updating

nowhere near as bloated

and my personal fav......I dont have to freaking log in to go offline

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
It is a lot easier to change the origin install directory than it is Steam, for instance.

Well steam allows for adding basically as many game repositories as you want, you just add a directory path to it's list and then when you install a game you can simply chose which you want to install it in, no need to reinstall the whole thing.

Steam basically self-integrity checks when it starts anyway, anything that's missing from the directory when it's launched is re-created or re-downloaded, so you can move steam by simply copy/paste the folder wherever you like.