What have your more recent experiences with ZZF been like?

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
I realize its not out of the ordinary but my order I put in last night didn't ship out today. It says it's still "processing". This disappoints me and if I knew this was going to be the case I would not have paid for the 2 day shipping as it now appears that it will not even get shipped out much before the weekend.

Have you guys had similar experiences with ZZF? Seems to me like the consensus is that they have nonexistent CS but usually do an ok job.

Shoulda just paid the difference in shipping and bought from newegg....

dj2004

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2004
I pay by money order and two days after I mail the money order out my package is delivered. So I must say I am very impressed with them, Newegg takes a week just to receive the money order...

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Originally posted by: dj2004
I pay by money order and two days after I mail the money order out my package is delivered. So I must say I am very impressed with them, Newegg takes a week just to receive the money order...

Living in CA helps since thats where ZZF is based. NewEgg should be the same, wonder why its not.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I almost always use ZZF now for equipment purchases. Usually the stuff ships pretty quick. I get dinged 10% state tax when I order from Newegg.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I usually have the same slow issues with payments being received through ZZF, so I pretty much use NewEgg eggsclusively (I took a NE survey yesterday and it said Eggscelent in it :p). They ship everything same day and the prices are reasonable for the service that you get... especially being a frantic-minded person like me who likes to know where his packages are.

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
Well I tried calling their non-free telephone line all day today...that was probably the 8th time. Just want to find out if its gonna ship....but no.

No one ever picks up when it says someone will be on the line shortly. It eventually takes me to the "All of our CS representatives are busy please leave a message". Then other times it doesn't even tell me that someone will be on the line shortly...just straight to the answering machine.

I think I know who I won't be buying from in the future.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Ever since they charged me a 15% restocking fee to return a defective video card I've been leery of doing business with them. There's something very shady about raking in an extra 15% profit at the unsuspecting customer's expense.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: PurdueRy
I realize its not out of the ordinary but my order I put in last night didn't ship out today. It says it's still "processing". This disappoints me and if I knew this was going to be the case I would not have paid for the 2 day shipping as it now appears that it will not even get shipped out much before the weekend.

Have you guys had similar experiences with ZZF? Seems to me like the consensus is that they have nonexistent CS but usually do an ok job.

you ardered last night......you expected it to ship today....when most likely it will ship tomorrow.....

To be mad at ZZF is seriously wrong...

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
I think the last order I placed took a little longer than normal to ship. Wasn't too bad though.

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
Originally posted by: PurdueRy

you ardered last night......you expected it to ship today....when most likely it will ship tomorrow.....

To be mad at ZZF is seriously wrong...

Read my latest post. Also it did not ship today even(2 days so far). It is now "Packed". I am glad they were able to charge me and put a stick of ram in a box in two days. Something is very wrong with a company that you can't even reach their CS line.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I've lost faith in all the computer stores that I used to love except for Newegg, but screw their small item shipping (although still pretty good prices) and being in California. ZZF, I always had OK experiences with them, nothing too good and I hate finding something on their website. Monarch, well, we all know what happened to them. Directron, I guess I have nothing against.

I love amazon though.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
I like ZZF more than newegg. ZZF has always shipped the next day and delivered a day or two after that. The last package I ordered from newegg (mobo, CPU, heatsink) shipped the day after I order it then took 5 business days to get to me :confused: 4 of those days the package was sitting in a warehouse 20 miles from my house :confused: That's probably more of UPS's fault than newegg... but ZZF has fedex as their default shipper :thumbsup:

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: schneiderguy
I like ZZF more than newegg. ZZF has always shipped the next day and delivered a day or two after that. The last package I ordered from newegg (mobo, CPU, heatsink) shipped the day after I order it then took 5 business days to get to me :confused: 4 of those days the package was sitting in a warehouse 20 miles from my house :confused: That's probably more of UPS's fault than newegg... but ZZF has fedex as their default shipper :thumbsup:

True, I love Fedex....however, I do think its rediculous that when this does ship...fedex will drive it 3/4 across the US faster than ZZF can ship it out