What have you OC'd your 880GTS 512 to?

goe602

Mar 8, 2005
I have an EVGA 8800GTS and just downloaded EVGA's Precision tool. It allows you to up the core clock speed, shader clock speed, mem clock and fan speed.

I'm definitely new to overclocking, but Id like to bust this bad boy up to whatever it can handle nicely.

Any ideas on what I should pop it up to?

Right now mine seems to be running just fine w/ these settings, but id like to get more out of it if safe:

- Core clock = 752
- Shader = 1916
- Mem clock = 972
- Fan = 50

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
start stress testing it. Don't go by other peoples' numbers because every card is different. A lot of it also depends on what kind of airflow you've got going through your case. Generally, if it's stable through 30 minutes of Crysis or a few loops of 3dmark06 it's stable. Keep an eye on temperatures as well, you don't want it ever to go above 75*C.

If it's stable, bump the clocks a bit. Keep testing and bumping in small increments.

goe602

Mar 8, 2005
actually i have another question

is there a guide somewhere that explains these 3 things in depth so I know what to pump up and what to leave down a bit? Im not sure whats more important to up... core/shader/memory

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
Originally posted by: goe602
actually i have another question

is there a guide somewhere that explains these 3 things in depth so I know what to pump up and what to leave down a bit? Im not sure whats more important to up... core/shader/memory

You have to increase them separately. Take the core first, increase its frequency, after you've found maximum clocks for it, take the shader and after that, the ram.