What happens with game history on PSN if you sell your console and buy a new one?

mode101wpb

Aug 16, 2005
I had a PS3 2 years go that I sold, are MP levels retained on the PSN or are they gone for good? I'm thinking of buying a cheap PS3 to entertain some old games I use to play.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Any DLC you purchased is tied to your account so you can access it again no problem.

mode101wpb

Aug 16, 2005
Any DLC you purchased is tied to your account so you can access it again no problem.

A few I'm thinking of, Last of Us MP is one of them, I did purchase some DLC content, map packs and season pass, but I'm just wondering if my week ranking will be what it was 2 years ago and I'll still have the unlocked items? My PSN pass expired, but I can still log in and see trophies, DLC and etc.

Last edited:

A Casual Fitz

Diamond Member
May 16, 2005
If you downloaded things for free with your plus account, you won't have access to that, but everything else should be retrievable.

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
That information is not correct. When you get free things with plus, the process "buys" the item for $0.00. So later, assuming you are still a Plus subscriber, just go to your purchase history and its all there to download again.

A Casual Fitz

Diamond Member
May 16, 2005
That information is not correct. When you get free things with plus, the process "buys" the item for $0.00. So later, assuming you are still a Plus subscriber, just go to your purchase history and its all there to download again.
Right, my point was that if he didn't buy a new plus subscription, he couldn't replay those games for free.