What happens when your dsl ISP dies?

eyez

Dec 11, 2000
I subscribe to Futurenet.net, which is barely gasping at this point. I have no way of contacting them because their number is down, and they don't respond to conventional or email. Yet, they still send me bills. I still do have dsl service.

I want to transfer to Speakeasy.net, but without an ISP release form from Futurenet, they won't switch me. So now I have dsl service which may die anyday, there is no way to contact my ISP, I can't cancel or change my service....what should I do?

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
contact the BBB.

also, you can cancel the service, and subscribe to another ISP. i hope you're being billed via credit card in which case you contact the credit card company =)

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I shudder to think of the day my DSL goes under. Have a loaded Glock with me just for such instances.

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Brian, the weather is beautiful and just in case it gets hot, We have plenty of electricity to keep things cool!!!! How about Cal.?

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
You don't need to talk to your current ISP to get a new one. Send them a cancellation letter, pay your final bill, & then call your line provider & ask that you be switched to a new ISP.

Simple as that.

Viper GTS

potz

Feb 22, 2001
That sucks :( That's why I went with Pacbell... Free dialup account for traveling/emergencies.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
i got it! How about about subscribing to a more settled company, rather than these fly-by-night places?