What happened to the Seahawks?

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Playing like crap. Offense is bad, defense is bad...I thought they were supposed to go undefeated? I thought their defense was supposed to be better?

<---Dissapointed Seahawks fan.

I guess the season is still fairly young...so I'm not going to give up yet...but it's looking bad especially since Matt is out for a while.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
They lost the Super Bowl. This seems to happen every year lately to the Super Bowl loser.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Mo0o
Madden curse

That only explains Alexander...and he'll be back in a week or 2.

I just don't understand what happened...especially the defense! Giving up a 95-yard touchdown run and over 300 yards of offense to the Vikings? There aren't any injuries on defense that's for sure...in fact...they're supposed to be better than last year after getting Hamlin back and signing Julian Peterson.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Yzzim
H - U - T - C - H - I - N - S - O - N

<----- Vikes fan

:p

Yeah Hasselbeck is having some serious protection issues. I guess 2 pro-bowlers aren't good enough on the line.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
Originally posted by: Yzzim
H - U - T - C - H - I - N - S - O - N

<----- Vikes fan

:p

Yeah Hasselbeck is having some serious protection issues. I guess 2 pro-bowlers aren't good enough on the line.
I'll say. He got "Carson Palmer'd" in the third quarter. Was bound to happen as many times as he has been hit this year.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
I'll say. He got "Carson Palmer'd" in the third quarter. Was bound to happen as many times as he has been hit this year.
[/quote]

Oh well. Seattle was 4-2 last year and look where they ended up. Sometimes things just start clicking. Would be great to have Stevens, Alexander, Engram, and Womack back on offense...oh yeah and Hasselbeck too.

But I still don't see any excuses for our defense....unless Minnesota is a high-powered offensive machine?

happybelly

Dec 4, 2004
Without Alexander, Stevens, Engram and now Hasselbeck it's pretty understandable why the offense has struggled. Hutchinson is also a part of it, but not as big as some people think. It takes time for an Oline to gel. It should be good enough by the end of the season when they've played together for awhile.

On defense, they have to stop giving up the big plays. Far too often they give a big play on 3rd and long. Some of this is scheme, often they only rush 3-4 guys on 3rd and long and get burned for it.

I think most of it is fixable. They are 4-2 and tied for first place right now, so at least they've won some games not playing to their full capabilities.

It all depends on the results of Hasselbeck's MRI, though. If he's done for the season then the Super Bowl thoughts are over. If he's out a couple of weeks then I think they can still get things together and make a run.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: happybelly
Without Alexander, Stevens, Engram and now Hasselbeck it's pretty understandable why the offense has struggled. Hutchinson is also a part of it, but not as big as some people think. It takes time for an Oline to gel. It should be good enough by the end of the season when they've played together for awhile.

On defense, they have to stop giving up the big plays. Far too often they give a big play on 3rd and long. Some of this is scheme, often they only rush 3-4 guys on 3rd and long and get burned for it.

I think most of it is fixable. They are 4-2 and tied for first place right now, so at least they've won some games not playing to their full capabilities.

It all depends on the results of Hasselbeck's MRI, though. If he's done for the season then the Super Bowl thoughts are over. If he's out a couple of weeks then I think they can still get things together and make a run.

That makes me feel better :)