what happened to saturday morning cartoons?

JohnnyMCE

Apr 13, 2006
Ok so this is the first time i have been awake this early on a saturday in a long long time. I suddenly decided to revert back to when i was 8 years old and wanted to watch saturday morning cartoons. I go to check channels 4, 5 and 7 and there is not a single cartoon. What in the world? I used to wait all week just for saturday morning so i could sit, eat cereal and watch cartoons until 12 when bowling came on. Did i miss a revolution or something where boring garbage beat out cartoons for airplay on saturday morning.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Cartoons are still on, but it's all that over commercialized garbage... like Yu-Gi-Oh and whatever Pokemon rip off they have running right now.

Just feeding the need to release expensive toys from shows that children have to watch because there isn't a damn thing else on.

Dead3ye

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2000
It's called cable or Satellite:

Nicktoons
Nick Gas
Nick (East and West)
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Toon Disney
Disney (East and West)
Nogin

The networks can't compete.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Dead3ye

Nicktoons
Nick Gas
Nick (East and West)
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Toon Disney
Disney (East and West)
Nogin

yup. cartoons are on 24-7 now.

i wish they'd rerun old Saved by the Bell eps :D

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: iamme

Nicktoons
Nick Gas
Nick (East and West)
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Toon Disney
Disney (East and West)
Nogin

is Bugs Bunny playing on any of those?

JohnnyMCE

Apr 13, 2006
wow i guess kids today don't realize how good they have it. The only channel we had meant for kids was nickelodeon. I guess that is why we would wait all work for saurday morning cartoons. As for the commercialized toys, we had them too but at least we had cool tools like Gi Joe and He-Man

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: JohnnyMCE
wow i guess kids today don't realize how good they have it. The only channel we had meant for kids was nickelodeon. I guess that is why we would wait all work for saurday morning cartoons. As for the commercialized toys, we had them too but at least we had cool tools like Gi Joe and He-Man

Don't forget about Voltron, Transformers, and Go-Bots. My fav three cartoons.

On Saturday mornings when I was a kid my favs were Scooby Doo. Anyone remember the USA Network cartoons where they had the train? And you could call up to win prizes?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Ok so this is the first time i have been awake this early on a saturday in a long long time.

I suddenly decided to revert back to when I was 8 years old and wanted to watch saturday morning cartoons.

I go to check channels 4, 5 and 7 and there is not a single cartoon. What in the world?

I used to wait all week just for saturday morning so I could sit, eat cereal and watch cartoons until 12 when bowling came on.

Did I miss a revolution or something where boring garbage beat out cartoons for airplay on saturday morning.

You didn't miss a revolution but one is needed.

Road Runner
Bugs Bunny
Daffy Duck
Foghorn
Marvin the Martian
Sylvester & Tweety
Pepe Le pew
Scooby Doo
Ultra Man
Mr Magoo
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Flintstones
Popeye
Underdog
Johnny Quest
Speed Racer
Marine Boy
Casper

Non-Cartoons:
Munsters
Adams Family

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
I was thinking the same thing a couple weeks ago. The only cartoon on was some funky American revolution cartoon.

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Ok so this is the first time i have been awake this early on a saturday in a long long time.

I suddenly decided to revert back to when I was 8 years old and wanted to watch saturday morning cartoons.

I go to check channels 4, 5 and 7 and there is not a single cartoon. What in the world?

I used to wait all week just for saturday morning so I could sit, eat cereal and watch cartoons until 12 when bowling came on.

Did I miss a revolution or something where boring garbage beat out cartoons for airplay on saturday morning.

Road Runner
Bugs Bunny
Daffy Duck
Foghorn
Marvin the Martian
Sylvester & Tweety
Pepe Le pew
Scooby Doo
Ultra Man
Mr Magoo
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Flintstones
Popeye
Underdog
Johnny Quest
Speed Racer
Marine Boy
Casper

Non-Cartoons:
Munsters
Adams Family

LOL Dave. I totally forgot about most of those. Good times.

JohnnyMCE

Apr 13, 2006
dmcowen I'm with you. Kids nowdays need some good cartoons again. I remember back when they used to have scooby do on saturday mornings. That was literally the highlight of my entire day. They really do need to bring back the wb cartoons.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Road Runner
Bugs Bunny
Daffy Duck
Foghorn
Marvin the Martian
Sylvester & Tweety
Pepe Le pew
Scooby Doo
Ultra Man
Mr Magoo
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Flintstones
Popeye
Underdog
Johnny Quest
Speed Racer
Marine Boy
Casper

Non-Cartoons:
Munsters
Adams Family

LOL Dave. I totally forgot about most of those. Good times.

i had my kids watching those until a year or so ago when even cartoon network stopped playing them

good stuff, i grew up on it all (though im only 23 and most of it was old even when i was a kid)

i used to stay at my grandparents overnights on fridays and my grandfather always cut on the looney tunes at 6am

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: iamme

Nicktoons
Nick Gas
Nick (East and West)
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Toon Disney
Disney (East and West)
Nogin

yup. cartoons are on 24-7 now.

i wish they'd rerun old Saved by the Bell eps :D

Adult Swim was doing it.

It was dumb, and will be long looked at as a big mistake.

Can Sealab/Aqua Teens and run Saved by the Bell? WHAT THE F BEANS?

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I remember like 7 years ago WB did tons of Saturday morning cartoons. Freakazoid was one of those, and was actually pretty funny. Earthworm Jim was my favorite.

Bugs Bunny is dead, tragically

bennylong

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2006
I used to wake up at 6 am and watch the Smurf. Kids will never get to enjoy those memories like we did