What games are you playing?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Shogun II just got updated to directx 11. Supposedly with everything maxed it cripples even good machines.
It's an AMD title so it is set up for Eyefinity OoB. i have HD 6990 + HD 6790 Tri-Fire-X3, so my performance is just a little below Quad-Fire-X4 (2 x 6990).

i also find that with an extreme wide resolution - or with 3D Vision - you simply don't need every single setting maxed out or SuperSampling to enjoy the enhanced gaming experience
:thumbsup:

dust

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2008
Currently playing Borderlands, my Nth playthrough as hunter, but I spent my last two months with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2, time well spent I considered it :D

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
I'm *trying* to play through Crysis 2, but I'm hating every damn second of that game so far. I liked Crysis 1, but Crysis 2 isn't for me it seems.

Also playing Oblivion... maybe this time I won't give up after a few hours (yea right :p )

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I'm *trying* to play through Crysis 2, but I'm hating every damn second of that game so far. I liked Crysis 1, but Crysis 2 isn't for me it seems.

Also playing Oblivion... maybe this time I won't give up after a few hours (yea right :p )

I can't even play through Crysis 2. It feels like a chore and that's not worth it.

Apr 12, 2010
Fallout 1
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Plants vs. Zombies (again)

Picking back up up on FO after halting 3/4 way through game, some time last year. Probably will finish it during the week.
SOMI is probably one of the most fun/amusing/interesting games I've played since FO grew on me last year.

Confession of a bootlegger... I had originally bootlegged PVZ, but decided to buy it when it was on sale. No Michael Jackson zombie does give it a -1 though. Fucking conservatives.

bart1975

Apr 12, 2011
Fallout 1
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Plants vs. Zombies (again)

Picking back up up on FO after halting 3/4 way through game, some time last year. Probably will finish it during the week.
SOMI is probably one of the most fun/amusing/interesting games I've played since FO grew on me last year.

Confession of a bootlegger... I had originally bootlegged PVZ, but decided to buy it when it was on sale. No Michael Jackson zombie does give it a -1 though. Fucking conservatives.
If you enjoy Monkey Island you should try The Next Big Thing and Runaway a twist of fate.

Apr 12, 2010
If you enjoy Monkey Island you should try The Next Big Thing and Runaway a twist of fate.
Cool. Added them all to my Steam wishlist. Now they just need to have a <$10 pack sale in the near future.

Downloading Monkey Island 2 atm. Too bad Steam doesn't have Curse of & Escape from Monkey Island. Heh.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Now that I've finished Crysis 2 (liked it) and Portal 2 single and co-op (loved it), I'm moving on to other things.

-started Bad Company 2 MP because of a Steam deal
-started Fallout: NV not too long ago, but am looking for some visual mods before I continue (any suggestions? :p)
-will start LA Noire on Tues
-have several indie games like Trine that I started an haven't gone back to

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Now that I've finished Crysis 2 (liked it) and Portal 2 single and co-op (loved it), I'm moving on to other things.

-started Bad Company 2 MP because of a Steam deal
-started Fallout: NV not too long ago, but am looking for some visual mods before I continue (any suggestions? :p)
-will start LA Noire on Tues
-have several indie games like Trine that I started an haven't gone back to

LA NOIRE is console only right?

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
LA NOIRE is console only right?

Affirmative. I am disappoint. I have a 360 and PS3, but I'd much to prefer to play on PC.

I've been playing Deathspank TOV, Borderlands CO-OP, and Guildwars Nightfall, and some CODBLOPS MP. Just finished Portal 2 CO-OP last week. Looking forward to giving Section 8 Prejudice a try this week. It looks awesome for a $15 shooter.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Still play Left 4 Dead 2 every week at least once or twice. Such a fun game.
Also been dabbling in Fallout 3
and Mass Effect 2

Meaning to try Portal 2.

WildW

Oct 3, 2008
evilpicard.com
I just passed 200 hours played on Civ 4 Beyond the Sword. When I get back to it, I have a game of XCOM:UFO on the go too. Quad core not really being used right now :p

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
CS: Source in 1920x1200 glory..at least a couple times a week for an hour or so...game has held up amazingly well and you can always find 1000's playing at any point and time...

was also playing multiplayer crysis wars and such cuz of $10 deal but it is really sad that no one plays or supports the game...last night for example there were only two servers with more than 10 people

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I started a game of Mass Effect and I'm more involved than I was on the 360; and that's saying something, considering how much I enjoyed it there.

Still working my way through Max Payne. It does get a little repetitive, but still compelling enough to see through.

My Torchlight game is on it's last legs, but I might try to finish once at least.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
I started a game of Mass Effect and I'm more involved than I was on the 360; and that's saying something, considering how much I enjoyed it there.

Still working my way through Max Payne. It does get a little repetitive, but still compelling enough to see through.

My Torchlight game is on it's last legs, but I might try to finish once at least.

I really want to finish Torchlight at some point as well, I was getting bored of it though by the time I got to the fire world. Just too much repetition.

greenhawk

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2011
Team Fortress 2
Portal 2 (finished)
Sword of the Stars complete collection (steam sale a while back). <-getting back into it while waiting for something good to come out.

DirkGently1

Mar 31, 2011
CoD 2
CoD 4 MW+MW2
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Crysis 2
Half-Life 2....

...over and over and over.... :(

veri745

Golden Member
Oct 11, 2007
Currently playing X3: Terran Conflict

I loaded it up after a year or so of not playing, and found myself quite addicted. It takes a $#!^tload of time to build an empire, but when you do, damn it's fun!