What free/cheap things do you peoples do for fun?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
My soon to be new cheap form of entertainment will be going to the hollywood bowl. 6 dollar seats + BYO food/alcohol = FTW

Rotting in front of the tv is fun too, as is WoW/SSB:M, but would like new ideas from ATOT

Masturbation/sex already accounted for

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Nintendo DS + R4 flash cart + ROM torrents
making cool stuff in SketchUp (free)
blogging/photoblogging
finding a decent webcomic and reading it from the first strip
imageboard safari
building stuff out of balsa wood and glue

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
Some good music. Can listen for hours on end if you get the right stuff. Oh, and definitely TV. Get the entire series of a show you haven't seen before, something good. I'd definitely recommend Rome, Invasion and Kenny vs Spenny.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: NanoStuff
Some good music. Can listen for hours on end if you get the right stuff. Oh, and definitely TV. Get the entire series of a show you haven't seen before, something good. I'd definitely recommend Rome, Invasion and Kenny vs Spenny.

finished 2 seasons of grey's anatomy

starting 24 season 1 soon

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
A lot of dates are to the driving range. 7 bucks for an hour of fun. It's like putt-putt but better.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
I hear you can get a tub of vaseline and a box of tissues for pretty cheap...

edit: n/m... you got that one covered already

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
reading a book is a great suggestion, running or working out is good as well (not necessarily entertainment but it is something to do). Something cheap is catching up on movies (james bond series, etc) if you have netflix/blockbuster subscriptions.

board games if you have people around you (I suggest stratego, settlers of catan, and risk 2210). Cooking can be fun and relatively cheap and everyone needs to eat.

Swimming or a pool party.

And check your local city's website normally they have some somewhat fun free stuff.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
watching every single episode of any show you really used to , or still enjoy from start to finish...

I have recently done

South park (yes all 129031231 episodes in a month)
scrubs
hells kitchen + all other gorden ramsey BBC series....kitchen nightmares, the f word, etc, etc)
Sex and the City (GF loved that one)
CSI:LV (the other ones are pathetic)
The office
and a crapload more, haha.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: spidey07
A lot of dates are to the driving range. 7 bucks for an hour of fun. It's like putt-putt but better.

that's a good idea. wifey's been wanting to go for a while now

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
go to a billiards hall. you can rent out a table for $8/hour and just shoot some pool. take others with you and make it competitive.