What foods make you (literally) sick just thinking about them?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Scrapple. End of thread. I don't know if this is more than a regional thing, but it is the most disgusting thing in the world. You can google it, it's too gross for me to go looking for. My mom eats it fried, with maple syrup. ughhhhhhhh.

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
My mom got food poisoning from pink icecream when she was little and to this day gets sick when someone even mentions it.

I don't have any such afflictions. :confused:

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
I eat pretty much strictly for fueling purposes,not for pleasure.

You just described me to a "T". I actually hate eating. Sure, desserts are good and stuff, but I would give it all up to never have to eat again.
I really don't mean this in a mean way, but you people aren't even living. How can you not like eating??? I LOVE eating. That's also why I'm overweight (not bad, luckily I also run daily). I love food.

Heath. It's disgusting. The first time I ate it was when I was a kid. I got it on Halloween. I was walking around dressed as Batman, and I decide that I've never before tried it. Mind you, this wasn't the first piece of candy I'd eaten that night. So with a full stomach, I took one bite, and vomited all of the rest of the candy up. I got in about three chews before the natural gag reflex forced up everything in my stomach. If you are a person that enjoys Heath bars, you must have and iron stomach and no taste buds. That shite is horrible.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Two things:

1) Mt. Dew. I had a bad experience as a small child with Mt. Dew. It was my first time drinking it and I think I was ~3 or 4 years old. We were on vacation in Florida, fishing off a pier. Someone next to me had a big catch and was struggeling to reel it in. It was a big battle. The end result: he hooked a stingray and during the battle, the hook nearly cut the stingray in half with blood and other things spilling out as it was pulled from the water. I cannot drink Mt. Dew anymore without feeling queezy. Psychologists say bad experiences do this to people.

2) Just this January I took a trip to Japan for the first time. I detest sea food, so I knew I was going to be miserable. Most of the food was awful tasting, yet tolerable. Except for one item: raw squid cap rolled up into a little flower shape. The nasty fish taste was present - and very strong. The squid was so slimy, it oozed around my mouth. It was so rubbery (like eating leather) that my teeth couldn't cut it. It took about 3-5 minutes to swallow that one bite. The thought of rever eating more squid makes me sick.

Sealy

Platinum Member
Aug 4, 2002
I'm 3 months pregnant now, and I'm finally able to think of any food and not feel sick!! Was'nt pretty before! :p

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Very little. I'm not a picky eater, and I can't stand people that are picky eaters. I can't stand people who send back food either unless it is really fvcked up. I've ordered steaks before and they have been off by a level or two. Doesn't bother me in the least. I typically order Medium Rare, but I've gotten up to Medium Well before and it didn't bother me at all. In life I really just do NOT care that much about stuff like that. I love so many different types of food and will try pretty much anything. I'd say the only thing that I really don't like is frozen fish sticks.

psiu

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
Seafood....lobster, crab, shrimp....cockroaches of the sea.

I'll eat tuna salad/sub, but that's bout it...

regular fish is revolting, even thinking about it....

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
Scrambled eggs with salsa. I ate a half dozen that were bad once and it twisted my stomach into knots for the whole afternoon. Silver lining: If I'm starving and there's no food coming for a few hours, one quick thought and that appetite is gone.

Bullhonkie

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Balute

Definitely have to go with balut. :disgust:

Originally posted by: Mill
I'd say the only thing that I really don't like is frozen fish sticks.

You have to bake them first Mill. They're much more palatable after that. ;):p

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
Potato salad and raw fish (alone). The texture with the somewhat bland taste just does something to my esophagus that simply makes me unable to swallow them, even well chewed.