What first world problem did you have today?

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
season of 24 is over.
same w/GoT .

what to watch till next season?!

Stifko

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
My son was crying at Target b/c I would not buy him a transformers toy with minicons.

" I never had a mincon toy before Daddy! Waaaaaaaaaa "

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I walked from 7-11 to my apartment in Thailand with the fear that I might be attacked by a Soi dog(s).

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
You didn't run like hell yet?

GL over there.
If you're referring to my gf I am not with her. She has tried to contact me multiple times and I've been ignoring her calls. Having too much fun now.

Who knows. I might stay here for a bit. I'm on a 3 month visa and I can always extend it for another 3 months if I like.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I bought a better pair of tickets for a concert and now I have to find someone to buy my old ones.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
If you're referring to my gf I am not with her. She has tried to contact me multiple times and I've been ignoring her calls. Having too much fun now.

Who knows. I might stay here for a bit. I'm on a 3 month visa and I can always extend it for another 3 months if I like.

Glad to hear it :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
That and my toaster didn't want too eject the toasted hamburger bun for the Angus burger properly.

G Nite all off to bed.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Friend was in the passenger seat and we were playfully quarreling over the radio. It eventually led to her trying to block the entire radio with my gear lever. The light turned green and I revved up the engine to show her what happens when she blocks the gear lever. She lets go and I shift the car into gear and it does a bit of a peel out(about a second long on my 4 banger miata) since I engaged the clutch before allowing the car to rev back down in the heat of the moment.
A cop was hiding behind and I was fined with a misdemeanor for Exhibition of Speed. $600 in fines, a criminal record, and $3000 insurance hike over 7 years.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Friend was in the passenger seat and we were playfully quarreling over the radio. It eventually led to her trying to block the entire radio with my gear lever. The light turned green and I revved up the engine to show her what happens when she blocks the gear lever. She lets go and I shift the car into gear and it does a bit of a peel out(about a second long on my 4 banger miata) since I engaged the clutch before allowing the car to rev back down in the heat of the moment.
A cop was hiding behind and I was fined with a misdemeanor for Exhibition of Speed. $600 in fines, a criminal record, and $3000 insurance hike over 7 years.

AHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

caps

Lepton87

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2009

That's idiotic I wouldn't have suspected that I would be actually glad that I don't have first World Problems simply because I don't live in the first world country. Criminal records for using your car's acceleration. It boggles my mind. And that's just after reading about the danish stooping down to the level of Belorussian with a bill that allows them to legally steal your car. Something that might easily be 20-40% of some people's net worth. Under the guise of security and other bullshit the first world's politicians are actually creating countries where lives become uncomfortable and that is bound to affect our happiness. So far the danish are the happiest nation in the world but IMO they are on a good track to change that. I'm always against draconian laws and I think victim-less crimes or offenses should be treated leniently, but if you on the other hand are the perpetrator of a accident while being under the influence or even very tired or sick or talking on the phone you should face very severe consequences. Someone with a fever of over 40F(100F) should not drive because he will be an even worst driver than that under the influence. I'm not saying that such people should receive similar punishment, not at all. All I'm saying we should be educating people to skip driving if they are visibly in a bad shape and have very noticeably increased erection time, etc. Once I was returning home from Paris to Warsaw. That's about 1700KM(over 1000miles) when I was 150km away from home I got pulled by a policeman. The reason he pulled me over was that I was driving very slow. He thought I was high and did narco tests on my, my driving ability back then were more compromised than if I were actually high. At the very least when I felt I wasn't at the top of my abilities I drove slowly but not everyone is like that. I think it was very irresponsible of me and that got me thinking, from then now on I don't drive for more than a 1000km at a time.

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008

First world problem: acted like a reckless ass and got a ticket for it.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
I let myself get into a game that's a released beta (strike #1), calls itself an MMO (strike #2), and developed by an East European company (strike #3), twice. I think hope I've learned my lesson now.

Nov 29, 2006
I went in to Lamar's Donuts and order 1 whole donut to eat for breakfast at work. I asked for a Lamar's Bar with Bavarian Cream. When i get to work its filled with the White Fluff which is like nasty fluffy sugar. Now i have nothing to eat...just my coffee.

/wrist

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I let myself get into a game that's a released beta (strike #1), calls itself an MMO (strike #2), and developed by an East European company (strike #3), twice. I think hope I've learned my lesson now.

I was too lazy to figure out didn't know that this forum had a strikethrough font.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Had to listen to a co-worker complain that his cappuccino machine is broken and that he had to use his old one, which he forgot how to work properly.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
ran out of aloe TP and had to use FUCKING SANDPAPER GDI

seriously how do people live without aloe TP.....

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
My son was crying at Target b/c I would not buy him a transformers toy with minicons.

slam his head against the wall.
then tell him if he whines like a little bitch again, you'll put his head THRU the wall

god these soft parents now-a-days

Last edited:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
AHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

caps

Ns1
Lifer

what happened to your Ace Reporter title?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

hope she gave you one hell of a blow job after the cop left, b4 u went to bed, AND after you woke up?

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

Tell him that you've never had a Minicon toy before either and that you agree that it is justification to buy yourself one. He, on the other hand, will have to wait like you did.

Alternatively, you could threaten him and say that he's lucky Target asked you leave your gun at home (their recent statement against open and concealed carry).

Last edited: