What first world problem did you have today?

Page 673 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
A dearth of entertainment.

The Rookie is taking a week off.
The Conners is done.
Walking Dead will not start for several weeks.
Lost In Space is being delayed.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine isnt as funny as it used to be.
Disenchantment is a major let down.
I started Psych cuz I heard its good but it really is not.
Same for Numb3rs.
Theres one other show I liked which I cant remember and it isnt coming back either.

After Infinity War and Venom I have absolutely no interest in seeing anything at the theater ever again.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I can't do my state taxes because the Arizona legislature has not settled on what 2018 tax law should be. That reps from that one party that is totally incapable of governing are fighting among themselves over who loves Grover Norquist more.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Smashed my thumb yesterday, and I have the delightful combination of not being able to feel it, and it hurting like a motherfucker at the same time. I have pretty much zero use of it, and no tactile sensation, but it throbs, and even a light bump causes extreme pain. It's gonna take awhile before it's better :^(

edit:
my thumb...

IMG-20181105-063242.jpg
It still hurts :^(

IMG-20190130-200257.jpg

The fucked up part at the top is where I closed it in a door. I later hit it again, and destroyed the nail. Now it's dried out, cracking, and sore. Can't wait to have a normal thumb again.

Reactions: snoopy7548

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
banged my derailleur,its all out of position/shape,silent shifting no more.Hours of fun sorting this shit out.not

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Biking got way less fun when I switched to a multispeed bike from my bmx. Endless hassles, not as maneuverable, and just harder to operate all around. I've been tall for long time, so I looked kind of silly on a bmx bike, but it was like an extension of my body. I quit biking after a short awhile. Just wasn't fun anymore.

Reactions: Zanovar

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Biking got way less fun when I switched to a multispeed bike from my bmx. Endless hassles, not as maneuverable, and just harder to operate all around. I've been tall for long time, so I looked kind of silly on a bmx bike, but it was like an extension of my body. I quit biking after a short awhile. Just wasn't fun anymore.

Bmx happy days

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
i think i had a super tuff burner? my sis was picking the golden plastic shit off the frame all the time

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I had a Schwinn Scrambler. Looked a lot like this, except mine had red mag wheels, and several mods over the years...

1-78-schwinn-mag-scramblers-lg.jpg

Reactions: Zanovar

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
My iPod Classic is starting to make death rattles. I read that Samsung is rolling out 1TB storage drives for smart phones and that they have been producing 512GB chips for some time. So I hop onto Apple's site to check the capacity of the latest iPods: maximum 128GB for $300. WTF Apple? Are music players the new calculators?

I can buy a cheap tablet and 256GB micro-SD card for under $100.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
My iPod Classic is starting to make death rattles. I read that Samsung is rolling out 1TB storage drives for smart phones and that they have been producing 512GB chips for some time. So I hop onto Apple's site to check the capacity of the latest iPods: maximum 128GB for $300. WTF Apple? Are music players the new calculators?

I can buy a cheap tablet and 256GB micro-SD card for under $100.

Apple hasn't updated the iPod Touch since 2015.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Why, just buy a cheap used phone with expandability. I have a 256gb microsd in my honor 8.
You could do that too. I haven't been impressed with the durability of phones, but if it was cheap enough, had expandable storage, and a removable battery(remind me again why these features aren't default...), why not?

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
All phones can operate without a plan. Just be on wifi.
Yeah these days I don't really see the point of an MP3 player. Back in the day they made sense, but with today's cell phones I don't really see them as viable anymore. Even if you have a flip phone for cell service, you could use a cheaper Android phone with a 256/512 microSD in it for music. Dunno how many songs 256 GB would fit but I'm pretty sure my whole library isn't half that and I don't even listen to half of it.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Yeah these days I don't really see the point of an MP3 player. Back in the day they made sense, but with today's cell phones I don't really see them as viable anymore. Even if you have a flip phone for cell service, you could use a cheaper Android phone with a 256/512 microSD in it for music. Dunno how many songs 256 GB would fit but I'm pretty sure my whole library isn't half that and I don't even listen to half of it.

I listen to flac :colbert:

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I have a 256gb card in my phone, and I'm running low on space. It isn't all music, but that's what most of it is. I don't see a whole lot of need for a dedicated player anymore either, but those old school tiny players could be useful for exercising if you're inclined to do something silly like that :^D Light weight, and cheap cost if something happens to it.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I was cutting vines with my cs400 again today, and pushing through lunch. I wanted to completely use up my chain so I could get rid of it. Seemed like there was always one more sharpening left; suitable for vines anyway... Finally got too tired, I decided the chain was done, and was heading back to the truck, cutting some vines as I went. Ended up throwing a chain, and that cemented my doneness. I was gonna clean everything up, and get lunch. Took the b&c off, cleaned the saw, and went to clean the bar groove, and saw the nose was pulled apart, and probably missing bearings from the sprocket. Dunno if throwing the chain caused it, or it caused the chain to throw, but here I am with a broken bar...

I reluctantly ordered a WoodlandPro broad nose bar, and 25' of WoodLandPro lopro semichisel chain. I figured the bar could hardly be worse than the echo I overpaid for at homedepot, and the chain might be good for beater duty. We'll see...

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Amazon got me for $13 for prime membership. I never knowingly signed up, but I suppose I may have accidentally clicked something. I'm usually careful, but they use tactics like shady internet download sites that guide to clicking what they want you to click on. The last couple times I ordered, it said I had prime, but I thought it was perhaps a wording issue. I finally got around to looking at my account, and I did indeed have prime, and was being charged for it.

I don't pay to shop at stores. That's not negotiable. I don't want any fucking membership anywhere. Want me shop at your store? Be exceptional, and I'll buy stuff from you. I'm not giving you money to gain the privilege of giving you money. You can shove that right up your ass :^S

edit:
Looks like I didn't pay anything. They're refunding the $12.99. I still don't like the mystery signup...

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I switched banks a while back as a protest since they fired a bunch of staff to replace them with TFWs. Lot of people were switching to a credit union so I joined. I kept my main account but emptied it because it was my first account that I opened when I was a little kid, so as silly as it sounds it kinda has sentimental value. Today I just got a notice that they want to charge me $20 for inactivity if I don't close it. I guess I'll just close it.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
My Siren 2 rta is leaking again.Its already destroyed one of my mods,im sure its leaking from the 510 pin at the bottom.Time for the bin i think.