What first world problem did you have today?

Page 623 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The best part about buying a boat is when you buy it, and when you sell it. :D

Actually I always thought it would be cool to camp in a house boat. Instead of a tent or camper, you camp in the boat. Could be a fun project to build one, start with a barge and then build up the walls etc. Would have bathroom, kitchen etc.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Typical boats are kinda lame. Just motor around, and sit with a bunch of bugs in your face. Whitewater paddling's tits. Lots of fun. and a good run or disaster is all up to the operator. You get to see parts of the world that aren't available to everyone. Any small, personal boat's pretty cool. When I first got into paddling, I intended to do a lot of swamp runs with a foldable bike in the boat. Explore the swamps, and small towns around the water. Tried whitewater, and that was it. I may get back into paddling, but my back's too wonky for whitewater anymore I think.

In a different life, I'd have liked to have built a viking longboat, and sell world tours as a living. A hard life and vacation, but something that could be looked back on with a real sense of accomplishment.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I mentioned taking up spur climbing in another thread. I was fairly stoked cause it's straight forward, and the gear can be had for <$1k. After reading a bit, it isn't recommended to do on trees that aren't getting removed due to damage. Makes sense. I didn't really consider that. I could almost justify it for the couple trees I'll have to eventually take down here, but not really. I can get those down by either simply falling them, or hand climbing up, and taking them down in sections.

I guess the search continues. I'm not as interested in using a bunch of ropes for climbing. Wish I had more property. Aside from being farther from other humans, I'd have more choices for trees that could come down :^/

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Today I got reprimanded by a shop owner on the corner of my block for my dog peeing on a parking signpost in the sidewalk by the street. His English was not very good so I didn't catch everything he said but the general implication was that my dog should not pee there and should go to the park to pee.

I stated that my dog pees on street sign poles, telephone poles, mailboxes, fire hydrants, curbs and brick walls. And that's where dogs are supposed to pee. In fact that was better than parks, where people lay in the grass and sit up against those trees. And if he had a problem with that he could call the cops.

Wtf is wrong with people. You live in an urban area with lots of dogs. This is how they operate within a pretty understood framework of dog ownership etiquette

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My cat puked in my bed while I was in the shower. Dealing with that is NOT what I was planing on doing today. It soaked right through the bedspread, sheets and mattress. Freaking nasty. I doused the mattress with tons of chemicals to try to get the worse of it. The blankets absorbed the worse of it. The sheets are in the wash, but my washer can't handle the bed spread so I'll just get a new one. I was kind of due to replace it anyway, it was all deformed and stuff since I attempted to wash it once and it just screwed it all up.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
My creepy new friend's still in the sink, and it's getting to the point I want to do dishes. If he's still there by Friday, I'm gonna have to be proactive about relocating him.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I waited for the plumber all day and he shows up at 3:30. Fixed the problem so all is well.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
One of the outside kitties is at the door making me feel guilty. She wants food, but I don't want them thinking they can have food any time they showup. I sat outside with her earlier, and spent some quality time. she rolled over on her side, and I saw stretched out tits. I *thought* she was carrying kitties, but I was starting to think I was confused. In the morning, she eats like she hasn't had food in a week. I guess she needs more nutrition than usual. No sign of the little ones. I feel like I should be giving her more food, but...

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I have a pet wasp. It's been at least a week now and it's still alive. I thought that was strange until I saw him come out for a snack. I use honey in tea and the spoon I use to stir with has some residue on it that collects on the plate where it sits. I guess that's enough to keep him going. So I have to be careful the plate doesn't go dry or I guess he'll starve. I'd like to lure him out but I don't know where he hides. I should probably give him a name.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I have a pet wasp. It's been at least a week now and it's still alive. I thought that was strange until I saw him come out for a snack. I use honey in tea and the spoon I use to stir with has some residue on it that collects on the plate where it sits. I guess that's enough to keep him going. So I have to be careful the plate doesn't go dry or I guess he'll starve. I'd like to lure him out but I don't know where he hides. I should probably give him a name.
WTF?! :^D

Is this in the house? You should call him Buzz Lightyear.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
One of the outside kitties is at the door making me feel guilty. She wants food, but I don't want them thinking they can have food any time they showup. I sat outside with her earlier, and spent some quality time. she rolled over on her side, and I saw stretched out tits. I *thought* she was carrying kitties, but I was starting to think I was confused. In the morning, she eats like she hasn't had food in a week. I guess she needs more nutrition than usual. No sign of the little ones. I feel like I should be giving her more food, but...
Dude, you've been showing the wrong video...obviously. Free loaders should be grateful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aSDnO5texY

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I've got to go buy some "Business Professional" clothes, whatever the hell that means.

It means you need to look like this. Trust me, I am a business professional.

70s-leisure-suit-turquoise--mw-131650-1.jpg

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
It's raining in my office. Flat roof building, the scuppers get clogged with leaves and the water backs up behind the drain. I did get the tile moved before it collapsed but it's a loss.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's raining in my office. Flat roof building, the scuppers get clogged with leaves and the water backs up behind the drain. I did get the tile moved before it collapsed but it's a loss.

Haha something like that happened at my work. They installed new roof top AC units but didnt do the flashing correctly. When the snow was melting the next spring water was leaking in the building. I did a building walk around at night and noticed water trickling down one of the DSLAMs. Oops! Actually I almost missed that, I only noticed because in my office there was a round spot on the tile that looked fresh so I went up to check and could hear water drops so it made me go check the DSLAM room since it is inline and figured if it's leaking there the water might be leaking elsewhere too.

Zivic

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2002
The new vacuum I bought for my new garage showed up with a monster dent in it

I broke a garage door spring on my original garage

And when washing my car I noticed the lip is bent... This is the one that hit me the hardest. Have no idea how this happened.
b5f465727fd3ebcdd9a7d634aa99ee05.jpg
29e77dcefd95e77389abeb7d8bda1a34.jpg
4b4ef368e1dd9c0d50c2828921bdfd94.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Went to bed with sage smoking on the window sill. Awoke later to find the room filled with a cloud of smoke, and dry sage fa-ggot smoking profusely. So dry it just won't die out like the last fa-ggot. Took the big fatty outside to the front steps, and now I'm up running fans to clear the house of smoke.

Last bundle I burned would go out if you didn't tend it with a lighter. I was expecting the same with this new sage.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
COIN AND CURRENCY DEPOSITED FEE
-$1.20

$2500. Really? Bastards.
How long before banks start charging for cash deposits in personal checking accounts? My bank already requires driver license to deposit cash into personal checking account. The name on the license has to match the account or you can't deposit cash. It's crazy.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
How long before banks start charging for cash deposits in personal checking accounts? My bank already requires driver license to deposit cash into personal checking account. The name on the license has to match the account or you can't deposit cash. It's crazy.
That was the personal. Bastards.