What first world problem did you have today?

Page 590 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I slept too late. I had my alarm set for 0730, but I guess I woke up and changed it without realizing it.

Nov 20, 2009
So I'm on the sofa trying to take a nap when the wife puts on this movie. Its about a witch that makes herself look ugly in order to garner the desired results of a test she conducts on the town's leading man. When she gets the results she desired, she assaults the man and disfigures him for a long time without being arrested, or even prosecuted. His horrible disfigurement makes him unwanted by any other human. When I ask her what the name of the movie is she says, "Beauty and the Beast."

Well fuck me with the dumb stick as now I know who the beast is in that movie.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
So I'm on the sofa trying to take a nap when the wife puts on this movie. Its about a witch that makes herself look ugly in order to garner the desired results of a test she conducts on the town's leading man. When she gets the results she desired, she assaults the man and disfigures him for a long time without being arrested, or even prosecuted. His horrible disfigurement makes him unwanted by any other human. When I ask her what the name of the movie is she says, "Beauty and the Beast."

Well fuck me with the dumb stick as now I know who the beast is in that movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2771200/

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Watching a movie from Amazon. I assume everyone else across the country is doing the same thing. A few hicupps during playback. Probably not Amazons fault. Probably the ISP.
Or my old, beat up wired router. But I need the wired router. The Wifi limits internet speed to 15 mBit per device.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Watching a movie from Amazon. I assume everyone else across the country is doing the same thing. A few hicupps during playback. Probably not Amazons fault. Probably the ISP.
Or my old, beat up wired router. But I need the wired router. The Wifi limits internet speed to 15 mBit per device.

err whut?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
err whut?

Streaming, on my Roku. There were minor stalls in playback a couple times but its running fine now.

I have Verizon FIOS. The cable modem is also a wired and wifi router. I found out from a technician that when you get on the internet via Wifi they limit your speed to 15 megabits per second, but with ethernet you get full speed. In my case thats 65 megabit.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Streaming, on my Roku. There were minor stalls in playback a couple times but its running fine now.

I have Verizon FIOS. The cable modem is also a wired and wifi router. I found out from a technician that when you get on the internet via Wifi they limit your speed to 15 megabits per second, but with ethernet you get full speed. In my case thats 65 megabit.

Nothing stops you from disabling wifi on that box and use your own wap.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Oh, and yesterday I decided to start another round of Fallout 3. Had forgotten how bad the physics engine was. And the controls. And the god awful UI. Also the minimal crafting. And boring weapons. And boring ammo.

They REALLY need to remake this game in the new engine. If they added the improved crafting system I would also be happy. Dont need the settlements though. Thats asking too much.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
The weather was nice today, cold but crisp and sunny so I drove around town for about 30 minutes around noon. Traffic was light but steady. If it was a normal Monday, the traffic would be horrible.

Very much everything was closed for the holiday except a few gas stations, IHOP, and WaffleHouse. Those two restaurant places were packed to the grill with people waiting out the door. I drove past WaffleHouse around 9 p.m. and was about to get something but the place was packed with people so I drove straight home instead.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Been watching the forecast for next Thursday when I have to work. Estimated highs have gone from 38-30-27, and a chance of night time snow and 19°. It's been shitty and hot most of this winter, but of course when I have to walk steel(on a day I'm supposed to be off), it's the coldest day of the season :^S
Ever downward. Now 24/14... :^(

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Have only a few more days to go to use up all of the money in the health spending account and professional development account at work. What a pain in the behind.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I love old style Transformers of the 80's and 90's and I wanted Shockwave for my collection

I saw a Shockwave Transformer in the toys store last week but the new version was not as cool as the old one.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I need to pay next years charitable contributions in the next day or so. $24K is a pretty high hurdle for 2018.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I finished night shifts this morning, wanted to get up at 12pm, I slept right through the alarm and woke up at 4, but took too long to actually get out of bed, so fell asleep and woke up around 6pm. Now I'm feeling all dazed and crappy from oversleeping.

coffee time!

It's like -35 outside so not like I planed to go anywhere. Oh and think my power steering hose broke, I had no power steering on the way home from my night shift. Too cold to deal with it or even check it real quick. Shoveled a section of driveway so I can get in and then went inside. When it's not as cold I'll finish the rest with snow blower.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I finished night shifts this morning, wanted to get up at 12pm, I slept right through the alarm and woke up at 4, but took too long to actually get out of bed, so fell asleep and woke up around 6pm. Now I'm feeling all dazed and crappy from oversleeping.

coffee time!

It's like -35 outside so not like I planed to go anywhere. Oh and think my power steering hose broke, I had no power steering on the way home from my night shift. Too cold to deal with it or even check it real quick. Shoveled a section of driveway so I can get in and then went inside. When it's not as cold I'll finish the rest with snow blower.
Couldn't you take a snowmobile around? That's a manly way to travel, and it requires less shoveling.