What first world problem did you have today?

Page 270 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xcas

Nov 8, 2015
Tried to dust out my gaming PC, only made my overheating situation worse when I learned about the existence of thermal paste just a few minutes too late. Now I guess I won't be playing my new copy of Cities Skylines any time soon until I get that shit sorted.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Tried to dust out my gaming PC, only made my overheating situation worse when I learned about the existence of thermal paste just a few minutes too late. Now I guess I won't be playing my new copy of Cities Skylines any time soon until I get that shit sorted.

Ah well. :(

Building a new dust-free gaming rig for my nephew right now.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Bank closed the branch near my house - near meaning about 3 miles. Now I have to drive more like 5 miles if I just want to use an atm with no fee.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I have two cake/muffin mixes. One is definitely expired by the date, the other has no date... Think I'm going to have to throw them out -- a couple hours ago before googling "does cake mix go bad," I was going to bake it.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I have two cake/muffin mixes. One is definitely expired by the date, the other has no date... Think I'm going to have to throw them out -- a couple hours ago before googling "does cake mix go bad," I was going to bake it.

It should be fine. If there's no bugs, the only danger is the leavening has gone off, or the flavor degraded. If that happens, you're only out a little time and energy.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
It should be fine. If there's no bugs, the only danger is the leavening has gone off, or the flavor degraded. If that happens, you're only out a little time and energy.

So, I won't be deds? I don't know, it's only like a $3 package of flour, sugar, et al. The only issue is seeing a potentially perfect package go in the trash. Definite first world problem.

New one: cooked scrambled eggs on a new stainless steel pan. Almost perfect, did some reading, let the pan heat up, added oil, then eggs. Very little sticking. Unfortunately, the shit that did stick took me 15 minutes to scrub off in the sink. FML. Should probably let it soak longer in the future...

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Can't decide whether I want to study using my work laptop or my personal laptop. Work is faster, but it's in the other room. Personal is slow as shit but I'm already on it.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
couldn't go to Chipotle today because a parade was blocking the street, so I had to settle with Shake Shake instead :\

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
There's some complete intellectually disabled person who doesn't understand the simple concept of a shelf not having a backing panel. The only thing you can't do is shove everything to the back, or it will fall to the floor. It's a fairly deep shelf so there's no reason to shove anything back, but intellectually disabled person does.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
couldn't go to Chipotle today because a parade was blocking the street, so I had to settle with Shake Shake instead :\

Shake Shake? I've seen a few of those up on the street corners of Harlem, but nowhere near Madison Sq Park. Were you out of the office today? :D

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Wife comes in my office, says there's something in her tire, drops her keys on my desk, takes mine and leaves. Go look at her tire, now on the rim, with a quarter sized piece of metal sticking out of it.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Wife comes in my office, says there's something in her tire, drops her keys on my desk, takes mine and leaves. Go look at her tire, now on the rim, with a quarter sized piece of metal sticking out of it.

LOL. I wonder how long she was driving on the rim for...... :whiste:

Sounds like this job requires some sort of blowing... :hmm:

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
LOL. I wonder how long she was driving on the rim for...... :whiste:

Sounds like this job requires some sort of blowing... :hmm:
Heh, thankfully she didn't drive on it but she knows better....:hmm:. Her office is about 100yards from mine so it had air in it when she stopped.

1st world...I called my tire place, they came and jacked it up, took the tire, replaced it and billed me $200. I charged it to the company.

All world, I'll ask her about the blowing....:(

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Shake Shake? I've seen a few of those up on the street corners of Harlem, but nowhere near Madison Sq Park. Were you out of the office today? :D

the first/original one is in Madison Square Park; they originally started out as a food truck in the park.

kind of a pain in the ass, because it's actually a tourist destination (along with Eataly across the street)... if I'm not out the door for lunch by like 11:30 am, I don't even bother because the lines will be around the block.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I couldn’t decide what show to watch...:\ So I just watched family guy till I figured it out. I never figured it out and ended up watching family guy for 4 hours.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Finally bothered to look into prices of paper towel and toilet paper in detail.

What the hell... every package has a different square footage even with the same number of rolls.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
the first/original one is in Madison Square Park; they originally started out as a food truck in the park.

kind of a pain in the ass, because it's actually a tourist destination (along with Eataly across the street)... if I'm not out the door for lunch by like 11:30 am, I don't even bother because the lines will be around the block.

I know all of this too well. I was hoping you'd pick up on 'Shake Shake' vs. 'Shake Shack' ... but it seems you are as just as tired now as you were when you originally posted that. :D

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I couldn’t decide what show to watch...:\ So I just watched family guy till I figured it out. I never figured it out and ended up watching family guy for 4 hours.
Whoa, that's more dangerous to your mental health than smoking PCP laced with DMT.