What ever happened to the Hunt For Osama?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Why have we heard ZILCH about it since the war started? I know we still want the bastard...

Yes, I do realize that the War is more important...but not a single mention of him in any media that I've seen/read/heard. :confused:

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Shhh......

Wha? This isn't a war thread...I assumed they wouldn't lock this...else I'd have posted it in that OTHER forum.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
its still going. jesus just because you don't hear about it does mean its not happening.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I don't know - I guess they just haven't made any advances in the hunt for him so there's no news.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
its still going. jesus just because you don't hear about it does mean its not happening.

No duh. But we used to hear about it every day...now we hear zippo.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Shhh......

Wha? This isn't a war thread...I assumed they wouldn't lock this...else I'd have posted it in that OTHER forum.
We shouldn't be talking about Osama anymore, who cares about him? The real enemy is Saddam, remember we have to stop terrorism!

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
We don't need to get Osama in order to put his organization out of business.

Besides, it pisses him off that we aren't paying any attention to him

Screw him.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
We don't need to get Osama in order to put his organization out of business.

Besides, it pisses him off that we aren't paying any attention to him

Screw him.

Good point, actually. Didn't think of that. It's late....me is tired....*yawning*

Dont' get me wrong...I want to see Saddam's head on a stick as much as any normal person...but with Osama's head on the stick next door.

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
well isn't this war's "official" cause to cripple the access that terrorist groups have to weapons of mass destruction? I mean, no country leader in their right mind is going to openly oppose the US, but if they really didn't like us...they could always just give weapons to other people who don't give a damn.

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: yoda291
well isn't this war's "official" cause to cripple the access that terrorist groups have to weapons of mass destruction? I mean, no country leader in their right mind is going to openly oppose the US, but if they really didn't like us...they could always just give weapons to other people who don't give a damn.

Yah but whats revenge, i mean "the war on terror" without killing the mastermind?

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Freejack2
Kim Schmitz got busted and now there is no reward for Osama's head?

Who? Info, please.

This Guy
He had put up a $10mil reward for Bin Laden's head. However he got busted for some tax thing or something. Don't know if he's still in jail or not.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
its still going. jesus just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean its not happening.

No duh. But we used to hear about it every day...now we hear zippo.

used to hear about tornadoes in the south too but you're not hearing about that right now. and you'll hear more about it if something somewhat interesting actually happens, not "pakistani and us special forces raided a village and found nothing"

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
Why have we heard ZILCH about it since the war started? I know we still want the bastard...

Yes, I do realize that the War is more important...but not a single mention of him in any media that I've seen/read/heard. :confused:

yeah , i've got this theory that osama is just gonna catch us off guard. i mean well its march madness right now, he could strike at any of those arena venues. i mean its like that movie.... the one with the superbowl.

Smitty68

Mar 19, 2003
Has anybody given thought to Osama being dead and just keeping him alive with the media to get into iraq. It would be a lot easier to get into Iraq with the nation in fear still. Just a thought. Dont get me wrong they should cut both their heads off and anybody else who supports them. ANYBODY!

aswedc

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Smitty68
Has anybody given thought to Osama being dead and just keeping him alive with the media to get into iraq. It would be a lot easier to get into Iraq with the nation in fear still. Just a thought. Dont get me wrong they should cut both their heads off and anybody else who supports them. ANYBODY!
Remember a while ago when Pakistani sources reported that we had captured Osama's sons but the US denied it? If in fact we do have Osama or his sons the government may be withholding the information because it would help us use our intelligence without the terrorists knowing. For example, if we have Osama's sons they might be able to lead us to Osama, but not if he knows they have been captured.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
1,000 troops launched an operation at the beginning of the war, they are searching for Osama in an area the size of perhaps Ohio. Osama issued a statement saying US forces were making it very hard on him recently, making him move constantly, and blasted a few nations for aiding in our efforts. I'm sorry you missed it, but yes, it has been drowned out by the war.