What ever happened to Andy Richter--the best straight man in recent memory?

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I watched part of Late Night w/Conan O'Brien tonight and I realized that the show will never be the same since Andy left. His calm, expressionless attitude was the perfect complement to Conan's zaniness. Can any of you think of anyone better?

[edit] changed title to question

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Bah, I agree that he is irreplaceable. He was literally perfect. Conan could be dancing in his seat or making cat noises at Mira Sorvino or rubbing his or Andy's nipple and Andy would just have that serious look on his face.

Any idea what that guy's doing now?

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
bah...so he sold out...I guess he wasn't happy enough with the cult following he had of college kids and insomniacs...

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think that the show got BETTER after Andy left. Andy was merely a bump on a log on that show.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I think he was important for running Conan-Andy dialogue...as a counterbalance if you will to Conan's zaniness and the zaniness of all the skits.

The other question's still there though; Can anyone think of someone better?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I liked Andy and no, I can't think of a replacement. Certainly, the show changed a lot after he left, but it still is the best late night talk show around.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I think it's the best one around because since it's so late, they're not afraid to take risks. Still, all the zaniness was magnified (foiled?) by Andy

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< ok...so Andy left...what is going to happen to the staring contest? :( >>

He did it with Charlie Sheen recently, and it was fuggin' HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ronald McDonald flipped Charlie off and he couldn't take it. I also was ROTF when the guy had a picture of Martain Sheen over his crotch!!:D:p

Who needs Andy??!! :D

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< but i don't think i can watch charlie sheen all the time :D >>

I'm just saying, it's better when the guests get involved in the sketches...like when David Duchovny sp? did &quot;In the Year 2000&quot; with Conan.

The last one went something like this:

Conan: &quot;A new incurable venerial disease will run rampant through the country infecting millions of people. It will be called &quot;The Duchovny.&quot;

David: &quot;Late Night Talk Show host Conan O'Brien has recently been diagnosed with a raging case of &quot;The Duchovny.&quot;

ROTLFMAO!!!!!!!!!!

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I think it was hilarious when there was a cute girl and she'd emasculate Andy and then he'd call her a whore somehow...

Rainguy

Elite Member
Apr 13, 2000
NFS4,

<< I think that the show got BETTER after Andy left >>

I don't think so. Andy made that show and was the ultimate sidekick. I rarely watch the show anymore because it has went downhill big time. I did hate &quot;in the Year 2000&quot; though. Loved the &quot;going for a drive&quot; skit and the &quot;staredown&quot;. No one is gonna be able to dupicate that humor IMO :D

I hope he returns!

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< NFS4,

<< I think that the show got BETTER after Andy left >>

I don't think so. Andy made that show and was the ultimate sidekick. I rarely watch the show anymore because it has went downhill big time. I did hate &quot;in the Year 2000&quot; though. Loved the &quot;going for a drive&quot; skit and the &quot;staredown&quot;. No one is gonna be able to dupicate that humor IMO :D

I hope he returns!
>>

We just have differing opinions. When I heard that Andy was leaving, I was estatic!!! Much better show now that the dead weight is gone ;)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Bah, I guess. I guess I just liked him was all..I'm a prude and too much funiness just hurts me