What does your DVD collection look like?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
im at work right now..can't remember them all
let me try...
Sweet November
Silence Of The Lambs
Hannibal
Red Dragon
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Beaches - Bette Millar
Shania Twain Live Concert in Miami
Shania Twain Plantium (all music videos of hers)
Shania Twain The Specials
The Story Of Us
Autumn In New York
K-19
Devil's Of the Advocate
A Walk In The Clouds
Sex And the City Season One To Season Four
.. and so on.. hum..

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
129 movies? Pfffft...rookie

Ummm..that is just what i have on DVD Profiler...i have about 100 more to add that i am too lazy too do. :)
hows that rookie?.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
gotcha ;)

That brings up around me..I had about 350 at one point...sold a few...ex took many...I've slowed the buying way down the last yr or so

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
From top of the stack to the bottom...

Meet the Parents
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
Vegas Vacation
Christmas Vacation
Saving Private Ryan
Braveheart
Hackers
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same
Gladiator
Forrest Gump
A Beautiful Mind
Fight Club
Antitrust
Office Space
Back to the Future Trilogy
Pearl Harbor
Pi
The Matrix
Caddyshack
The Patriot
A Knight's Tale
Cast Away
What about Bob
Spaceballs

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Wow, nice to know I'm not the only hardcore DVD geek here! I got about 135 myself. :cool::beer:

Highlights are Army of Darkness Limited Edition (1743/4000), Evil Dead 2 tin set (18721/50000), 18 of the 21 Bond movies (if you count Never Say Never Again), complete US release of Farscape to date, complete Kevin Smith set, B5 to date, all 4 Alien movies (Anyone know if the Quadrilogy rumours are true?), CSI Early Years sets, and a few Criterion discs (The Rock, Armageddon).

-- Jack

Edit: I got Alien 3 last night, and forgot the Sam Raimi movies

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
My DVD collection looks like a lot of DVD's in their cases sitting next to eachother on a shelf.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I have a bunch of movies, most of the early ones came from the good 'ol loss leader days of internet sales. The recent ones are coming form blockbuster previewed dvd's. After having our daughter I don't have time to watch movies that often, so, I stop in when they have a sale and pick up a few at a time for $9.99 ea or buy2 get 1 free, then watch them whenever.

A few bucks more than rental, and no late fees = whoo hooo.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: ProjectMayhem
fight club, boiler room, The Usual suspects, ice age, monsters inc, fast and the furious, Friday

You own Fight Club, so I can see where your user name came from. Good taste in movies, except for Rice and the Ridiculous, BTW. :D

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Wuffsunie3 of the 4 Alien movies (Anyone know if the Quadrilogy rumours are true?)

-- Jack

Yep. Supposed release date is November 11th.

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Kaervak
Originally posted by: Wuffsunie3 of the 4 Alien movies (Anyone know if the Quadrilogy rumours are true?)
Yep. Supposed release date is November 11th.
Damn, guess I'll have to sell of the set before then.

BTW, in your sig you give the dates for the Alias releases (BTW, sweetness about season 2, didn't know it'd be out that soon!) but were do you get that they'll be widescreen? Only copies I've seen for sale online are fullscreen.

-- Jack

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Wuffsunie

Damn, guess I'll have to sell of the set before then.

BTW, in your sig you give the dates for the Alias releases (BTW, sweetness about season 2, didn't know it'd be out that soon!) but were do you get that they'll be widescreen? Only copies I've seen for sale online are fullscreen.

-- Jack

Go to TVShowsOnDVD.com and click on their release schedule button, it's got the info there. Also Buena Vista has confirmed they are in widescreen.

Lifer

Banned
Feb 17, 2003
Originally posted by: NFS4
Holy crap you must be bored. I was just gonna say mine looked like a stack of DVD cases
Well, every movie that I love, I have to have on DVD. That's just a thing with me. I need to buy a DVD cabinet or something.

And I have an Excel spreadsheet with all of my DVD's in it so it was just a copy and paste :D

yeah right, don't lie. look at you and your 35,000 posts. we know you have plenty of spare time.