What does your cellphone home screen look like?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paladin

Oct 22, 2001
Newest screen
MagI7aj.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: amdhunter and Crono

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Been a while since I messed around with fixing up my home screen. This took about 20 minutes of messing around. I am looking to fix it a bit more but this is an OK start. Man I miss Android - iOS is such shit to customize properly.

CMeX0bO.jpg

Reactions: Crono

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Any recommendations for a super simple no-frills "missed calls" widget that shows the phone number, date and time of the last 3-4 missed calls?

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I could kiss you (no tongue), perhaps a simple thank you will suffice?

Installing now, hopefully this will do the trick.

Updated post with alternative (other one hasn't been updated in 2 years, this one is a little newer and cleaner). And if either works, a thank you does suffice. :D

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Updated post with alternative (other one hasn't been updated in 2 years, this one is a little newer and cleaner). And if either works, a thank you does suffice. :D

First one didn't quite work out.

Second I already have installed, this is the problem with 64GB you install craploads of apps and don't always use them all.

I'm almost tempted to teach myself how to code Android apps.

Edit: Although it shows installed, it wasn't, installing the second link now.

Edit again: Call log/history widget isn't perfect but will probably suffice for now. Wish it had more options and I could remove the SMS/call back button. Thanks again for the suggestion :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Crono

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Honor 8? Nice. How do you like it? How does it look/feel/perform in real life?

Still testing other stuff, but I really like it so far. Gorgeous device, and the UI is very snappy. Minimal lag even multitasking. The camera probably is the one area where it's not quite $800 flagship level, however it's good enough for me.

Lopri has a thread in MD&G that I responded to with my initial impressions, and I pretty much agree with all of his observations on the Honor 8. Take my review with a grain of salt, though; others in the thread have had the device longer than I have, as I just got mine Friday (but I'm putting it through its paces already :D). This thing sips power: ~ -200mAh current with light to moderate use with screen at 50% right now. I am projecting an average Screen on Time of roughly 7.5hrs, though I need a couple more full cycles to get a mlre accurate gauge of it.

For non-tinkerers, though, the OnePlus 3 might be a better option, as it's the cleanest stock ROM at this price point... and then there's the Axon 7, and the recently discounted HTC 10. Lot of good options for Android now, and for a lot less than the latest Galaxy or iPhone. Or the upcoming Pixel, though the Pixel may be worth it if you really value updates (just don't get it from Verizon :p).

Last edited:
Reactions: amdhunter

BW86

Lifer
Jul 20, 2004
Mine's pretty boring at the moment:

Android 6.0.1
Franco Kernel #28
Root
Xposed
Action Launcher 3

arGt2Y6.gif