optimistic

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
Ground Service $8.45 $63.45
3 Days Select $15.55 $70.55
2nd Day Air $20.29 $75.29
Next Day Air $36.76 $91.76
Will Call $0.00 $55.00
Plus 8% sales tax on California. <~~~Darn 8% California Sales Tax.

I'm looking at a vendors shipping charges, and not wanting to sound like an idiot and them ask what does &quot;will call&quot; mean, I decided to ask the friendly people here in Anandtech. Back to question, what does Will Call mean?

Truxman

May 15, 2001
It means someone will go to their location and pick it up. It should be no shipping charge at all.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< what does &quot;WILL CALL&quot; mean? >>

It's what the girl says at the end of your date. It is code for &quot;get lost, loser&quot;.

Russ, NCNE

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Note: it SHOULD be no shipping charge. I wanted to order something from a local shop's site and pick it up in the store or warehouse because it wasn't in the store and the warehouse was 2 blocks from my work. They said they would have to charge me $7 more for it because it's shipped from the manufacturer. Some places have the oddest meanings of &quot;in stock&quot;.

I stopped even looking there for stuff.

optimistic

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
YAY!!! No shipping!! And I live in the same city!! Whew, I've been sounding like an idiot these past couple months asking them if I can pick up. BTW Augustus allows for pickup, Newegg doesn't, neither does Bunta.com. And computer123.com allows for pickup.

:(Bad enough I gotta pay for sales tax, and shipping too??:| HORRAY for &quot;Will Call&quot;!!!:D

edit: thanks guys!
edit: LOL! Russ

Idiot56209

May 22, 2001
Demon-Xanth:

Hey! That sounds like this place here in Tampa that's on Fowler Ave. They always have dirt cheap prices with really high shipping. when you walk in, they always seem to be &quot;out of stock&quot;.

DOH! :Q

Kingofcomputer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2000
&quot;Will call&quot; means you'll call before you're approved to go there to pick up.
Why need to pay for &quot;Will call&quot;?
Because all pricewatch vendors are doing so, they list the price lower to make it attractive, and charge huge s&amp;h and additional charge for local pickup.

Idiot56209

May 22, 2001

<< all pricewatch vendors are doing so >>

You should retract that, because you know it's not true. Not &quot;ALL&quot; of them do it. Just the guys with the outrageous shipping do it.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Idiot56209,

If you are in Tampa why aren't you going where jonnyGURU works? That place is always out of stock because the store is just a front really. If what they do have in stock doesn't sell in 30 days they return to the whosaler so they don't have to pay for it.

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
When speaking of concerts, &quot;Will Call&quot; means you WON'T be standing in line as long folks who either have their tickets in-hand or will pay at the door. On top of thay, they let Will Call folks in first before the &quot;commoners.&quot;

-SUO

Idiot56209

May 22, 2001
yakko: I've been there. They're cool. But I think that Jon guy is a nut. He tried to nail me in the head with a flying motherboard.

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
bunta doesn't allow will calls anymore?

last time i bought from them ~2 years ago i went in to pickup my ram. it's some crappy little office in walnut. :)

optimistic

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
That's where I live! Yeah they don't allow pickup(I called them). And Jazz-tech makes a fortune from their shipping, and won't let anyone pickup. But Rackmountpro accepts will calls:). Bought my LiteOn 12x Burner from them. They don't sell much though, except server stuff.

edit: duh....MWAVE allows WILL CALLs?!?! why didn't anyone tell me!?!?!:p