What does this statement imply?

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
I was reading throught their website after enjoying Burnout Paradise so much to see when more content would become available and read this:
"And if you've bought the full game on disk, once it's installed, it runs from the hard disk, so you can share it with your friends."
What does that imply, that they want you to "pass it on"?
Or does it mean that once you buy the full game disc, you can install the full game, and pass the disc on to your friends that has the demo on it for them to install?
If not that, what? Here's the link to the page, maybe it's read out of context...

Link

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
The way it's phrased it could mean you can pass on the game to your friends but there's probably something in the EULA that restricts it to demo-only sharing.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
It means you give them your disc, they install the game and get to use it as a trial version/demo, and if they want they can buy a code to unlock the retail game.
The demo seems to be a time limited full game thing, so it makes sense that you share the whole disc to let them install it.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
Anyone remember what blizzard did with their Diablo "Spawn" demo that could be installed off a main CD without using a cd key? I think thats what you have here.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Originally posted by: videogames101
Anyone remember what blizzard did with their Diablo "Spawn" demo that could be installed off a main CD without using a cd key? I think thats what you have here.

I loved that. Could always play multi with one purchased copy.