Question What does this error mean ?

dan99t

Nov 29, 2011
Hi,
I am getting the following error when I boot Windows. ( Win-7 )

What does it mean & would it hurt ? How do I get rid of it ?

jusched.exe
The file or directory C:\Userss\A\AppData\Local\Temp\jusched.log is corrupt and unreadable.Please run the Chkdsk utility.

Thanks

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
It is the Java update scheduler. Run a malware scan, if all is well, try deleting Java and reinstalling it. You can manually search the boot drive for all things java related and delete all of it, before reinstalling.

Reactions: VirtualLarry
Jul 27, 2020
If you have a hard drive, better run a surface scan on it and see if there are any bad blocks. You can also check the SMART status of the HDD using a tool such as Speedfan. If the tool shows that your HDD has pending sectors, time to backup your data and replace your HDD before it dies.

Mantrid-Drone

Mar 15, 2014
If Windows is telling you to run a boot time CHKDSK (with repair) isn't that the obvious thing to do first? CHKDSK will report any bad sectors or not and should fix file system faults caused if there is anything wrong.

I uninstalled Java years ago on advice from multiple sources and AFAIK it has not caused any functional problems with the hundreds if not thousands web sites I've visited since.

Surely, unless vitally important to the OP, the best advice is actually to delete Java completely - problem solved?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Do you have the jusched.log file mentioned? If so then I'd just delete it.

I have a win7x64 box with java on it and it does not have this log file (at the moment) though java does update itself once in a blue moon when the system is rebooted.

Okay I just ran jusched.exe on that win7 box and it creates the log file and within is this if you want to cut 'n paste it into yours instead of deleting it. If that doesn't work, as above I'd just delete the file, then I would wonder why it is corrupt, maybe check for memory errors and if the system is running an old HDD, I'd just replace it with an SSD, or SSD plus new HDD if you need more drive space than you want to spend on an SSD:

Code:
[2022/08/31 21:31:31.641, jusched.exe (PID: 151636, TID: 157144), AllUtils.cpp:124 (logit)]
    INFO: **************** Running jusched ****************

Last edited:
Reactions: igor_kavinski

dan99t

Nov 29, 2011
Sorry for late reply, had to go away.
I don't know much about what you guys are suggesting but I ran two apps that I had and also looked into that temp folder and posting it here,
I did find jusched as shown in image-4
What should I do now ?

This is my Primary drive & I clone it every night, but last week it won't let me delete all partitions in disk management which I have to in order to clone this drive with Acronis Home software.

Now if I use another good drive as Primary & those two drive as secondary, my new primary won't boot.

I have ordered a new SSD & would like to clone that SSD with a HDD that has only Win-7 that has all the updates till 2020. I keep that HDD in case something like this happens.

Please advice.

Thank You guys so much.

Attachments

• Image-1.png
    Image-1.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Image-2-.png
    Image-2-.png
    63 KB · Views: 6
  • Image-3.png
    Image-3.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Image-4.png
    Image-4.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Your drives all appear fine, as I expected. You provided us with the path where the log is located, delete it from there as suggested. Then download and run malwarebytes free edition on all of the drives. https://www.malwarebytes.com/solutions/free-antivirus

Here are directions for checking and repairing the OS - https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/win...ing the Check Disk tool,is named “Check now.”

If those don't fix the issue, it is possible you are seeing the effects of OS corruption. You can do a a repair install which will keep all your files and settings.

dan99t

Nov 29, 2011
Your drives all appear fine, as I expected. You provided us with the path where the log is located, delete it from there as suggested. Then download and run malwarebytes free edition on all of the drives.
Thank You so much for a quick reply. I really appreciate it. Will do as suggested.

Where do all those CRC come from & will they do any harm ?

Last edited:
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
No worries. :beercheers: The repair install, if it comes to that, is the most sure fire solution. Disconnect all other drives until it is completed, you don't want anything but the OS drive involved.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Uh, those SMART stats are not good. Check the CRC error count!

Try changing the SATA cable.

The CRC value should be zero if there wasn't a problem. Now that it has reported CRC errors, the way you judge that the problem is fixed is if the CRC value stays put (6D15).

I would strongly recommend against a reinstall until that problem is dealt with, and I'd keep an eye on that value for at least a month.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Uh, those SMART stats are not good. Check the CRC error count!

Try changing the SATA cable.

The CRC value should be zero if there wasn't a problem. Now that it has reported CRC errors, the way you judge that the problem is fixed is if the CRC value stays put (6D15).

I would strongly recommend against a reinstall until that problem is dealt with, and I'd keep an eye on that value for at least a month.
Changing the cable is good advice. You know how many drives I have ran CDinfo on that it flagged as good, that turned out were bad? Zero.

And read closer, repair install, not reinstall.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
You know how many drives I have ran CDinfo on that it flagged as good, that turned out were bad? Zero.

You haven't encountered enough dodgy drive situations then :D For example, the SMART data of a drive that's intermittently not powering up will show up as seemingly fine. Bad sectors can be picked up by the OS rather than the drive itself.

I use three indicators for diagnosing storage-related problems:
1 - SMART data
2 - full chkdsk
3 - Windows system log: disk/ntfs/ahcidriver warnings/errors

Ideally, all three will concur, but I've replaced plenty of drives with 'OK' SMART data because of say bad sectors resulting in Windows not booting.

And read closer, repair install, not reinstall.

My post wasn't intended as a broadside on your post in general, so please don't take it that way. However, with a drive reporting lots of CRC errors, a repair install still might end up in a worse situation than it was intended to fix, because it involves a shedload of writes to a drive that clearly is having communication issues. NTFS is quite resilient, but I've seen it get trashed more than once as a result of CRC issues.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
You haven't encountered enough dodgy drive situations then :D For example, the SMART data of a drive that's intermittently not powering up will show up as seemingly fine. Bad sectors can be picked up by the OS rather than the drive itself.

I use three indicators for diagnosing storage-related problems:
1 - SMART data
2 - full chkdsk
3 - Windows system log: disk/ntfs/ahcidriver warnings/errors

Ideally, all three will concur, but I've replaced plenty of drives with 'OK' SMART data because of say bad sectors resulting in Windows not booting.

My post wasn't intended as a broadside on your post in general, so please don't take it that way. However, with a drive reporting lots of CRC errors, a repair install still might end up in a worse situation than it was intended to fix, because it involves a shedload of writes to a drive that clearly is having communication issues. NTFS is quite resilient, but I've seen it get trashed more than once as a result of CRC issues.
You should put that down vote back, it was deserved. Not considering a faulty cable immediately, shows I have been away from the game the last 3yrs.

The rest of your advice, like mine, only serves to give the OP more troubleshooting options. My quick&dirty was literally money back when I was in the biz, so I always advise it. You may well be correct, now OP will know what to be aware of. It isn't an either or thing, it is all constructive advice.