What Does the GOP Consider important? Neckties!!!

Nov 17, 2019
"The dress code made a reappearance Thursday in response to a Republican lawmaker’s objection to a male Democrat’s decision not to wear a tie on the House floor, part of an unwritten expectation loosely enforced by lawmakers."

"“It is important, and I think we need to address it at some point, and I guess I got tired of waiting,” said Rep. Mark Noland, a Republican who brought the objection."

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
"The dress code made a reappearance Thursday in response to a Republican lawmaker’s objection to a male Democrat’s decision not to wear a tie on the House floor, part of an unwritten expectation loosely enforced by lawmakers."

"“It is important, and I think we need to address it at some point, and I guess I got tired of waiting,” said Rep. Mark Noland, a Republican who brought the objection."

The Republican Party is a very serious party that wants to address the many problems of Americans. It is not a party built from the ground-up to give tax breaks to the richest people in the solar system while pretending to care about the issues that their base cares about.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Sounds like a Montana problem that doesn't effect anyone outside of the Montana Lawmakers...

Meh

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Sounds like a Montana problem that doesn't effect anyone outside of the Montana Lawmakers...

Meh
If it was just a Montana problem we wouldn't have such nationally pressing issues taken up by Republicans such as the scandals of

The plastic potato
Dr. Seuss

Think taking up the ever increasing scourge of white nationalism is worth a little of their attention bandwidth?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Wore that noose around my neck as little as possible in my life. It's like the wealthy still have to dictate some form of submission. We are just serfs you know.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If it was just a Montana problem we wouldn't have such nationally pressing issues taken up by Republicans such as the scandals of

The plastic potato
Dr. Seuss

Think taking up the ever increasing scourge of white nationalism is worth a little of their attention bandwidth?

Nope, gotta virtue signal about proper dress code in cowboy country.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Tripping up stairs to an airplane when you are 78. Bet those stairs aren't a normal rise.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Tripping up stairs to an airplane when you are 78. Bet those stairs aren't a normal rise.
And still already 20x better than the previous president after 2 months. Such a low bar... A bit sad doncha think?

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
We should vote for another old person, that'll teach em
Someday I hope that the masses realize that old white men are not the answers to their governance needs. Until then, the Dems have to field candidates that are the most broadly appealing to voters (including the "moderates") that they can. Or until gerrymandering goes away and results are no longer skewed in favor of the party drawing the maps. Harris is not terribly progressive, but having her on the ticket was (sadly) just a little bit or progress. Maybe in 20 years, we will start to have better elections and better people running the government. For now, we have to be happy that the criminal is gone and we have learned just how stupid voters are and how corrupt the treacherous Republicans can be. The Dems can plan better.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
What do the Republicans in media and congress consider important?
Dr. Seuss
The Royal family
Deshaun Watson
Stopping Democrats
Protecting guns
Protecting tax cuts
Supporting the military, but not always veterans
ANTIFA
Israel
President Biden's ability to walk up steps
Trans athletes in women's sports
"Election integrity"

What I (a conservative) would like to see them care about...
A responsible fiscal policy
A plan to deal with China
Removing the attachment of the Alt Right to conservatism

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
What do the Republicans in Texas consider important, for instance?

Consider:

In 2019 and 2020, Texas had two verified instances of voter fraud. During those same two years, Texas had 110 killed in mass shootings and another 266 injured.

Guess which is Texas' overriding priority to "fix" right now?

Reactions: ch33zw1z

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What do the Republicans in Texas consider important, for instance?

Consider:

In 2019 and 2020, Texas had two verified instances of voter fraud. During those same two years, Texas had 110 killed in mass shootings and another 266 injured.

Guess which is Texas' overriding priority to "fix" right now?
One more reason the Republican Party is out of touch with what Americans want