What does the Bible say about Israel and War?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
In trying to figure out why Bush is in such an incredible hurry to get Iraq or even to get it at all, a huge number of theories have been put forth. We know what they are. Divert attention from a failing economic, wag the dog, prove GW isn't a wimp, revenge, protect Israel, oil, etc. But we know that Israel can take care of itself, right? Didn't they take out Iraq's nuclear reactors, unilaterally and without anybody?s approval except for maybe ours.

Well none of these reasons are fully satisfying, in the sense that Bush is either a pathetic politician, saying we are going to attack before having his ducks all in a row. He has been backpedaling ever sense. First it's I don't need Congress, then it's I don?t need the UN. But political reality soon set in. The insanity of attacking Iraq for no explainable answer was too big a hurdle to jump even for Bush who would be happy with a dictator so long as it was him. His popularity and credibility have been damaged only to be reversed by, for going to the Congress and the UN. What is at stake here that would cause him to expend such capital. I believe that he still intends to ruin the credibility of the US as a nation of justice by violating international law as the world sees it and attacking another nation first. Why?

Well in reading another post involving Israel I began to look at it in context, a tiny Jewish state carved by Western power out of Arab land, at least recently. I don't know the Jewish population of Israel but there are a billion + Moslems and many many more millions of Arabs than Jews surrounding it. Doesn't look too good for a nation whose only method of dealing with it's problems is grinding force. The long term prognosis, it seems obvious is that Israel will be destroyed. He who lives by the sword dies by it. In order to secure it's existence Israel has committed grave injustice against another people of the Book. For the sake of themselves they took from the other. In doing so they radicalized the other and created their own self justification thereby. It is the will of God, I hear.

And that is my question. Are we going to attack Iraq because the Bush administration is full of fundamentalist Christians whose real allegiance is not to the US but to a higher power? It occurred to me that Israel will fail in the course of time under present trends. Is that contrary to Biblical prophesy and are we getting involved to make sure the Bible isn't wrong, or surely as some might think because it's God's will? I get the feeling the administration might not want to announce that fact if it were the case. What does the Bible predict about the future. I don't know much about it.

alm99

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2000
The bible very plainly says that there will never be peace in that region. Israel, jerusalem and so on. There will always be fighting, war, chaos. I don't exactly remember for what reasons there won't be peace or where it says it, but supposedly its there.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
You may want to consider that Christian does not equal fundamentalist before making any sweeping assumptions about Bush.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
According to Matthew 15:24 Jesus has only come for the people of Israel. And those should turn their other cheek and get their asses kicked right?

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Bush this Bush that from you beamer really gets old and redundant....................lets see who else wants to take out Saddam..............;)

• McCain: Congress Will Back Iraq Attack by 'Significant Majorities'

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who's often been a thorn in the side of the Bush administration and more an ally of house democrats, has become one of the biggest boosters of the White House plan to attack Iraq, stating Thursday that a resolution supporting the war will pass in both the House and Senate by "significant majorities."

"I want to assure you, when there is a vote it will be [backed by] significant majorities in both houses and by both democrats and republicans," McCain told nationally syndicated radio host Sean Hannity.

McCain said winning the Iraq vote will give the administration crucial leverage with reluctant allies, explaining that it's "important for the president in dealing with foreign leaders and with the United Nations that he have this statement of support from the Congress and the people we represent."

The Arizona Republican said a vote on Iraq needs to take place before the November election, arguing that attempts by Democrats to delay it till January risk tying our hands in the war on terror.

McCain said that most Democrats who voted against the Gulf War in 1991 have told him and others republicans privately "that's the vote they regretted the most."

"Let's have the vote so that we can tell the world that the United States Congress backs the president of the United States in this clear and present danger to the United States," he said.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Eight so far who don't know the Bible. Nine counting myself.
I never considered taking a shot at you "bible" question........IMHO it is irrelevant!;) Hence, my post.....it is NOT the conservatives only whom are in favor and backing this..............it is bipartisn................;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Looks like 10. Anybody know anything? (Naturally about the topic) Jeez I thought there were lost of Christians here.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I had assumed that's what you were doing ToBe, but I didn't want to say so directly. You thought my question was irrelevant so you wouldn't (think couldn't?) answer it so you blew out some irrelevant nonsense about bipartisan support as if that somehow had any bearing on Bush's hurry.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
on a tangent to this thread: john mccain's a4 skyhawk was the plane shot while on the deck during that horriffic fire during vietnam. you can see him jump out of the burning plane on the film.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
I had assumed that's what you were doing ToBe, but I didn't want to say so directly. You thought my question was irrelevant so you wouldn't (think couldn't?) answer it so you blew out some irrelevant nonsense about bipartisan support as if that somehow had any bearing on Bush's hurry.
No, I wouldn't (don't care if you read couldn't;)) comment on that because it is irrelevant! As for "blowing" nonsense, my post was from A/P and from a Senator staing there is and will be bipartisn overwhelming support for any action on Iraq.................you, on the other hand, are fishing for biblical quotes to make another irrelevant point............now, who's "blowing" nonsense again????????;)

rolleye.gif

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
In trying to figure out why Bush is in such an incredible hurry to get Iraq or even to get it at all, a huge number of theories have been put forth. We know what they are. Divert attention from a failing economic, wag the dog, prove GW isn't a wimp, revenge, protect Israel, oil, etc. But we know that Israel can take care of itself, right? Didn't they take out Iraq's nuclear reactors, unilaterally and without anybody?s approval except for maybe ours.
Israel was heartily condemned in Washington and around the world.

Well none of these reasons are fully satisfying, in the sense that Bush is either a pathetic politician, saying we are going to attack before having his ducks all in a row. He has been backpedaling ever sense. First it's I don't need Congress, then it's I don?t need the UN. But political reality soon set in. The insanity of attacking Iraq for no explainable answer was too big a hurdle to jump even for Bush who would be happy with a dictator so long as it was him. His popularity and credibility have been damaged only to be reversed by, for going to the Congress and the UN. What is at stake here that would cause him to expend such capital. I believe that he still intends to ruin the credibility of the US as a nation of justice by violating international law as the world sees it and attacking another nation first. Why?

Well in reading another post involving Israel I began to look at it in context, a tiny Jewish state carved by Western power out of Arab land, at least recently. I don't know the Jewish population of Israel but there are a billion + Moslems and many many more millions of Arabs than Jews surrounding it. Doesn't look too good for a nation whose only method of dealing with it's problems is grinding force. The long term prognosis, it seems obvious is that Israel will be destroyed. He who lives by the sword dies by it. In order to secure it's existence Israel has committed grave injustice against another people of the Book. For the sake of themselves they took from the other. In doing so they radicalized the other and created their own self justification thereby. It is the will of God, I hear.
Sheesh, they took nothing from anyone. It wasn't Arab land, it was British. And before that it was Turkish.

And that is my question. Are we going to attack Iraq because the Bush administration is full of fundamentalist Christians whose real allegiance is not to the US but to a higher power? It occurred to me that Israel will fail in the course of time under present trends. Is that contrary to Biblical prophesy and are we getting involved to make sure the Bible isn't wrong, or surely as some might think because it's God's will? I get the feeling the administration might not want to announce that fact if it were the case. What does the Bible predict about the future. I don't know much about it.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: alm99
The bible very plainly says that there will never be peace in that region. Israel, jerusalem and so on. There will always be fighting, war, chaos. I don't exactly remember for what reasons there won't be peace or where it says it, but supposedly its there.

Wrong. There will be peace, numbnuts. Try reading the Bible before spouting bologna, okay? You go read it and you go find it. But it's there. Read Daniel and Revelation.

nik

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Moonbeam, here's a couple, put them in an context you wish.

Revelations 12:12 - "Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

Revelations 3:9 - "Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee."

MrPALCO

Banned
Nov 14, 1999
Moonbeam, you have asked many questions, I will answer a few.
The Bush administration knows that taking out Saddam is a loving and merciful thing to do.
In addition, President Bush outlined many Iraqi violations of UN sanctions.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
11 it is. :D

Self preservation is good enough for me

and yes your Bush bashing is getting old. Gore can go join his old buddy Reno in Floriduh and count some more votes..who knows he might find some more votes that will give him the election. You know in the amount of time since the election he has probably experted the art of chad counting.

Gore's a loser, so is Reno. Get way over it Moonie.

If it wasn't for the liberalist Arab heiny kissing UN, we would not have all this bruhaha. When you start having to break out the magnifying glass and try to decipher the cryptics teachings of people 2000 years ago, you are clutching at straws...

Bottom line is Saddam is a cryptic totalitarian dictator who is a waste of a perfectly good bullet

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
ffm could I get the readers digest version?

The Presence, I didn't see you toe. Sorry I stepped on it. Your point, true or false, and I ain't interested in arguing it here, has no effect either way on the general suggestion.

ToBeMe, your bipartisan post is irrelevant because, right or wrong, it has nothing to do with what motivates Bush.

Thanks PSY, but I need that in English, not incomprehensible metaphor.