What does Mariah Carey have in her voice...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: ndee
yeah, she's a little RnB-wannabe-b!tch right now, wannabe fly girl, but damn, her voice still kills me.... get the newest song, and especially listen to the first time you can hear her... it's just.... bAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

what's her latest single?

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: iamme
yeah, she's a little RnB-wannabe-b!tch right now, wannabe fly girl, but damn, her voice still kills me.... get the newest song, and especially listen to the first time you can hear her... it's just.... bAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

what's her latest single?

Busta Rhymes and Mariah Carey - I know what you want. And ahm..... you gonna buy the single right? That's why you asked, no? ;)

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Fausto1
that makes it so special? To me, her voice sounds like velvet...
*sigh*

You're drunk again, aren't you? :p

hahaaaaaaaaaaaa, noooooooooooooooooooo. Just a little bit dizzy but not really drunk :) but ei, it's friday night, what did you expect? ;)

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Fausto1
that makes it so special? To me, her voice sounds like velvet...
*sigh*

You're drunk again, aren't you? :p

hahaaaaaaaaaaaa, noooooooooooooooooooo. Just a little bit dizzy but not really drunk :) but ei, it's friday night, what did you expect? ;)
You = busted for PWI.

Step away from the keyboard and spread 'em buddy. ;)

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
haha.... maybe true, but just a lil' bit :) but I had a hard week at work and I think it's just fair that I'm havin' a real good time right now :)

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I'm the guy you guys are looking for. Funny thing is, I was listening to her Unplugged album when I clicked on this thread :p

I love her voice. Nobody in the music industry has as much control over their voice. It can do whatever she wants it to do. I greatly respect her as an artist because she produces all of her own songs, writes almost all of them, co-directs her videos, and has total control over her career. This woman is the REAL deal, unlike the majority of singers today.

thawolfman

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: rbloedow
I'm the guy you guys are looking for. Funny thing is, I was listening to her Unplugged album when I clicked on this thread :p

I love her voice. Nobody in the music industry has as much control over their voice. It can do whatever she wants it to do. I greatly respect her as an artist because she produces all of her own songs, writes almost all of them, co-directs her videos, and has total control over her career. This woman is the REAL deal, unlike the majority of singers today.

There he is! :p

Does that mean that I'm the resident Evanescence fanboy? ;) :D :eek:

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli
Her voice is very unique.

She can hit notes that literally no other person on the planet can(that we know of).

yup...her old songs from the earlier 90's were the best!!!!

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: yoda291
Originally posted by: Skoorb
She drinks a lot of *****

yes I agree...she must drink lots of milk.

I guess milk has an invisible character that you can't see because there are clearly FIVE wildcard characters in Skoorb's post.

rolleye.gif
:p

lupohki

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Is "Through the Rain" one of her newer songs? .. heard it first on a Japanese drama :) Haven't followed her albums since her early days, but yes she's the best female singing voice I've heard.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: lupohki
Is "Through the Rain" one of her newer songs? .. heard it first on a Japanese drama :) Haven't followed her albums since her early days, but yes she's the best female singing voice I've heard.

Throught the Rain was released last year as her first single from the Charmbracel album.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Ah, I love Mariah's voice. Old school Mariah was the best :)

true, but that new song, you still here that velvet.... it's like.... one in a bazillion :)

One of my favorite CDs of all time is Mariah Carey MTV Unplugged.

Let's see all these current singers sing exactly like they sound on their albums, live.

i agree that's she's an incredibly talented singer, but i just had to chime in and say i saw sigur ros live a few days ago and their singer was markedly better than on the records. my jaw was glued to the floor the whole time. :)