what does it mean when the phone says "all circuits are busy"?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: rudder
Originally posted by: OFFascist
It means the circuits, all of them, well they are busy.

But does that mean the circuits are busy and he should try his call at a later time?

Possibly. We'll have to look into it. You should hear back in 6-8 weeks.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski
It means:

1) All circuits

2) are busy

Anymore questions?

Whoa, whoa... slow down there, egghead. We're not all Ph.D.'s here, you know. :)

fitzov

Platinum Member
Jan 3, 2004
Originally posted by: GeekDrew
Originally posted by: iskim86
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
It means they dropped your call for no reason whatsoever.

Geez, what do you think it means? You think it might mean that just maybe, possibly, all of their circuits are busy, and that you should try again later?

and by circuits i wanted to know if the phone i called was busy or the company was busy or what.

99% of the time it means that the PSTN is too busy to route your call. The other 1% of the time is large companies using PBXs that run the 'all circuits busy' messages when they are internally unable to properly route or complete a call.

Dude, we changed over to midgets long ago. You know, the ones that operate the switchboards? Duh.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
It's most likely equipment failure causing some lines to be inoperative if there isn't anything going on to cause a lot of phone calls.

A drunk probably took out some equipment with his car.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: iskim86
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
It means they dropped your call for no reason whatsoever.

Geez, what do you think it means? You think it might mean that just maybe, possibly, all of their circuits are busy, and that you should try again later?

and by circuits i wanted to know if the phone i called was busy or the company was busy or what.

A switch did not have enough available circuits to connect your call. Probably your local one.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: DaiShan
Originally posted by: MS Dawn
There's a masked message in that recording that says you need to buy a demon dialer. Hehehe anyone remember those? People used them to bust in to win radio station contests. :)

Heheh, when I was "load testing" the voip PBX that I built for my last employer I wrote a script to utilize all 23 lines of the T1 PRI to win at radio stations, and to get football tickets. Normally you have to call for 4-5 hours to get through for the football tickets, but I got through 16 times in less than 10 minutes. I had the automated system on hold on 4 or 5 lines at a time heh. The best part is since it's all digital, the PRI determined if the line was busy 3-4 seconds before you would have heard the busy tone and disconnected the line, then began dialing again. Each line was dialing about once a second :D

you aremy..hero.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
Originally posted by: DaiShan
Originally posted by: MS Dawn
There's a masked message in that recording that says you need to buy a demon dialer. Hehehe anyone remember those? People used them to bust in to win radio station contests. :)

Heheh, when I was "load testing" the voip PBX that I built for my last employer I wrote a script to utilize all 23 lines of the T1 PRI to win at radio stations, and to get football tickets. Normally you have to call for 4-5 hours to get through for the football tickets, but I got through 16 times in less than 10 minutes. I had the automated system on hold on 4 or 5 lines at a time heh. The best part is since it's all digital, the PRI determined if the line was busy 3-4 seconds before you would have heard the busy tone and disconnected the line, then began dialing again. Each line was dialing about once a second :D

you aremy..hero.

Why thank you sir. Here have a :beer:!