What does Hilary want now that it is over?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: senseamp
Hillary is already looking toward 2008. So she wants to help McCain win without looking like she is doing that. As a Hillary supporter, I am way ahead of her on that. :)

I agree. McCain and Hillary have a lot more in common with one another than either do with Obama.

Yeah, except for all of their policy positions.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I think much of this talk is based on the premise that Obama is leading by some totally lopsided score. When truth be told, this is one of the closest Presidential primaries in American history.

But with just 2 weeks and five remaining contests to go, its like any close basketball or football game. The score is very close, the second place team could get some lucky breaks, but there is that little matter of a clock, and when time runs out, time runs out and its over.

Hillary is at near that clock runs out point now, she may choose to conceded if Obama wins Oregon, or she may soldier on and try to take Puerto Rico. If she can do that, she is still likely to end on a low note by losing SD and MT on June 3. And on June 3 the clock does run out. And given that Obama is now 120 delegates short, and should take about 90 of the remaining elected delegates, it leaves Obama 30 short come June 3. Hillary then will have to win all but 29 of the remaining super delegates or better than 85%. Which ain't gonna happen folks unless Obama self destructs.

But give Hillary her due, she ran a very close race, I for one think only she should pick the moment to concede. BUT CONCEDE SHE MUST. But I agree with Eskimospy, good chance it will be May 20 because she can concede on a high note with Kentucky and not Oregon in her win column.

Then, I think many GOP types who are hoping for a deeply divided democratic party are going to be very deeply disappointed.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: lopri

Should I read this as a comment from a Republican, a Clinton partisan, or an Obama partisan?

Neither. Just a guy who isn't a big fan of power-hungry Hillary.

I think I've had my fair share @AT P/N forum. I tried to assimilate myself here for some time, but enough is enough.

Going back to hardware forums. I wish everyone here the best.

Wow! Lol. You must not come to P&N much.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I would anticipate an announcement shortly after the rules committee officially decides that FL and MI democrats are non-persons.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481
I would anticipate an announcement shortly after the rules committee officially decides that FL and MI democrats are non-persons.

I'm still trying to figure out how counting the results of an "election" where only one major candidate was on the ballot is letting the people's voice be heard, and dividing up the delegates by some arbitrary formula is letting the people's voice be heard, but throwing out the results of that farce election is somehow saying that the people don't matter.

A tainted election is no election, and recognizing the results of a tainted election is not doing any favors to the people who cast their ballots.

Oct 30, 2004

I can't speak about the Florida election, but I can say that the Michigan primary was a farce. People knew their votes wouldn't count so many stayed home and some voted for Hillary simply because they'd felt Obama had dissed the state by not putting his name on the ballot.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Rio Rebel
I'd love to see a reconciliation, but I don't think he should pay off her debt or offer the VP.

Legally, I don't think he can just transfer $20 million to pay off her debt.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I'd love to see a reconciliation, but I don't think he should pay off her debt or offer the VP.

I think it's going to happen, one way or the other... how can the DNC ask Hillary's fund raisers to bring in more money for them if they're still in the red?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481

I think it's going to happen, one way or the other... how can the DNC ask Hillary's fund raisers to bring in more money for them if they're still in the red?

As usual, I think loki is wrong. Hillary fund raisers may be in the red and can't donate more to Obama, but paying off Hillary fund raisers now is worse than a zero sum game. Partly because
Obama is perceived as a winner, he will receive money from many non Hillary supporters, and that money is best used to get him and a friendly congress elected.

After the election of 11/08, the DNC may allocate some money to make Hillary and some of her supporters whole, but not now. Meanwhile the DNC will paying Hillary to fly all over the country and speak in support of Obama.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: senseamp
Hillary is already looking toward 2008. So she wants to help McCain win without looking like she is doing that. As a Hillary supporter, I am way ahead of her on that. :)

I agree. McCain and Hillary have a lot more in common with one another than either do with Obama.

Yeah, except for all of their policy positions.

Exactly. As far as fundamental philosophies, being washington insiders, etc., McCain and Hillary are very similar.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Maybe she plans on filing some lawsuit claiming she won.

Obama does not have enough votes for a nomination.

Oct 30, 2004

So she owes about $21 million? What would happen if she just didn't pay it or declared bankruptcy? Who exactly are her creditors? TV and radio stations? Print shops? Maybe they'll learn to stop running ads on credit.

arkcom

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper

So she owes about $21 million? What would happen if she just didn't pay it or declared bankruptcy? Who exactly are her creditors? TV and radio stations? Print shops? Maybe they'll learn to stop running ads on credit.

She owes $11.4 million to herself.