What does everyone think of the UN trip?

SuperStrokey

Golden Member
May 28, 2003
I guess Bush didnt ask for much, because he knew he wouldnt get much i believe. I gotta say that i dont agree with the war but all things aside i cant understand why the UN wouldnt help (i know politics got in the way)? They claim to support people that are in need and to be a stablizing force but they wont do more in iraq... Like i said before i dont belive the war should have happened for the grounds that were stated but thats after the fact. I think that the UN should help the people of iraq more and put the politics aside. Im a canadian BTW if that makes a difference but lets not have any canadian hacks ;)

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I think it is because the whol country is too unstable due to it being occupied by King George and his men.

Iraqis or al-Qaeda already blew up the UN headquarters in Iraq and murdered 18 or 19 UN workers

Any human who gets sent there is potentially marked for death

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
The only way the terror attacks against American Soldiers and everyone else will stop is only when the Americans are gone.

The Americans have taken the lead role and are seen to be dictating to the UN what they can and cannot do.. so the terrorists see the UN as American Colonialist collaborators

SuperStrokey

Golden Member
May 28, 2003
I never thought of it that way, thats a good point. The only problem is that the UN has pretty much been against the US all the way. Do you mean that if the Un comes in and then replaces the US it will be seen as a collaborators then aswell or only if they come in while the States is still there?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I don't think anyone will take the UN seriously until the Americans are gone.

I also do not believe we will ever leave. I don't want us to leave. I want a military base there. I want a strike force able to reach Iran, North Korea, Syria, etc. etc.

We have already given about 400 American Lives in this war... and for what? -- We didn't even secure their Centers for Disease Control where they held MANY Biological Toxins ... and wouldn't ya know it.. someone broke in and stole all of them before we even gave a sh!t about securing it.

Now we are going to spend 87 billion MORE .. and we already spent about 70 billion.. So.. $150,000,000,000 FOR IRAQ... what about AMERICA??

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
well they told us it was a bad idea but we refused to lissen, so i imagine they want us to learn from our mistakes on our own.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: SuperStrokey
I never thought of it that way, thats a good point. The only problem is that the UN has pretty much been against the US all the way. [...]
That's because the "US" (i.e., Bush) was wrong. The invasion was an unjustified act of agression. The U.N. properly refused to condone it. It would be more accurate to say Bush was against the U.N. all the way.