What does disarray in the Romney campaign say about his abilities as an executive?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Did you read my post?

If you can pick one poll so can I.

The aggregate advantage however is almost 4% at this point. Polling over the next week will give better info as to how much his remarks really influenced.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I'm not disagreeing that Obama will almost certainly win, I'm disagreeing that "everybody knows" that Romney is trash. I believe the conservative base is certainly stupid and rabidly partisan enough to make and jump on any fabrication supporting him.
Did you see the travesty of their "empty chair" meme? It was like, "Hey, if we just go around as though Eastwood's speech was an unqualified success, everyone will believe it!" And all this in support of their Messiah, Romney.

No. You obviously haven't seen how hard they have been working to "sell" their product. Very few are actually biting and most are out of RELUCTANCE. It's quite a funny thing to watch. Everyone always talks about how fractioned the Dems are and that's why it's hard to get them to move as "a single entity", but it's truly ignoring just how fractioned the GOP is as well. They'll move as one entity, but the primaries and the whole build up over the last year to the RNC has shown otherwise. They're selling Mitt as a fucking Christian ffs, they're ignoring the fact that Mormons are not Christian. That should tell you all you need to fucking know.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You're severely overestimating the pull the GOP actually has. Look up what percentage of the eligible voter base pulled for McCain last election, look at all the Reps walking away from the party. They are divided like no other right now. Don't be silly, Obama has this in the bag and has for awhile.

I would love to believe you, that Tomney really is Roast.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I would love to believe you, that Tomney really is Roast.

He is, the Republicans have no idea what they're doing any longer from the top down. It's really quite humorous, as a person who has so much internal disdain against parties, to watch the GOP in its death throes. IMO you'll see Dem dominance of our political scene for quite awhile if the GOP doesn't have radical changes go on behind the scenes.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Compare Romney's campaign to Obama's when he ran in 2008. Obama did such a good job he was able to topple the mighty Clinton machine.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
If you can pick one poll so can I.

The aggregate advantage however is almost 4% at this point. Polling over the next week will give better info as to how much his remarks really influenced.

I was referring to the May story when he said 47% of the people will vote for Obama no matter what, everyone agreed but was outraged, next day the polls reflected a 47/46 Obama lead.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I was referring to the May story when he said 47% of the people will vote for Obama no matter what, everyone agreed but was outraged, next day the polls reflected a 47/46 Obama lead.

Only problem is that Romney's 47% who are "victims" includes a lot of his own voting bloc. Obama will probably capture high 40s to 50 percent of the popular vote (this was predictable) but that's not who Mitt was actually talking about.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
and President Obama should be rated based on a fox news opinion poll. Look at the results and then complain about him.

Oh, and a Presidential campaign based on holding all positions on all issues all the time is certainly disastrous - but he won't be doing that in office. The man gave his state Obamacare, I think he knows who he is - he just has to pander to the voters first.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What disarray? Can you be specific.

His missteps, as you call them, are nothing more than interpretations by the left. Just because you don't like something he said or stands for doesn't mean it's a misstep.

If I recall, Biden wasn't well accepted either.

What part of "I've never paid less then 13% income tax", then had to go back and retroactively reverse-engineer his taxes to conform to said statement, did I misinterpreate?

BTW - Romney will go back and un-reverse-engineer his taxes to get that money back sometime after the election.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

His missteps, as you call them, are nothing more than interpretations by the left. Just because you don't like something he said or stands for doesn't mean it's a misstep.

Do you mean by you, like the American people. I think it does matter what the collective you thinks because they are going to vote on it.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Only problem is that Romney's 47% who are "victims" includes a lot of his own voting bloc. Obama will probably capture high 40s to 50 percent of the popular vote (this was predictable) but that's not who Mitt was actually talking about.

I really wish they would be more honest with voting numbers. They always seem to leave out that roughly 50% of eligible voters don't vote for either major party or at all. So when Obama won the popular vote against McCain, he won just over 30% of eligible voters. Pathetic.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Well, on 9/11 he said it was not a day for campaigning, then a few hours later on 9/11 he couldn't wait to use our embassies being attacked to campaign.

He says that not being concerned about the 47% of Americans he sees as freeloaders was just an "inelegant" way of stating something he does believe. What does that mean ?

Biden isn't the President, and isn't running for President. Romney is.

If you've ever followed politics you know any vice president or vice presidential candidate is nothing but a sideshow